Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, helps.

Also what helps is I just checked my Telsa account and my MVPA is uploaded to my account! :eek: That must be a good sign :eek:

So, looks like I'll be there bright and early giving updates to those still yet to get delivery. Now I just have to make sure not to forget to bring anything.....I forgot to print out the delivery checklist, but main thing I'll be looking for is paint issues. But realistically I'll take the car regardless and just document anything wrong and let the service centre know in a timely fashion...now the trouble will be getting to sleep tonight! o_O

I’m glad your delivery tomorrow is still good.
I’m jealous, but happy for ya. :)
If you see a white AWD with VIN 110,329
Let me know. :)

Wish I could do the same but in Quebec the government won’t give the rebate unless the VIN is on the bill of sale. Makes this last minute delivery notification thing kinda difficult.

I feel your pain. It is nice to have the charger in before the car arrives.

However, we’ve got the problem you’re having covered here in Ontario. They just don’t do rebates anymore, so there is no need to wait.

I’m glad your delivery tomorrow is still good.
I’m jealous, but happy for ya. :)
If you see a white AWD with VIN 110,329
Let me know. :)
Will do, fill your info into the spreadsheet and I'll have a look for it (I'll have this open on my phone while I walk through rather than the forums...easier that way). Put your wheel and interior config as well so its easier to zero in on it....what is your anticipated pickup date? I would think if its not within a day or two the car might be somewhere out back and maybe not accessible....but I'll report back as much as I can see tomorrow.

Toronto IC Deliveries VIN Search - Sept 2018

• Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001
Had a reply to my text from earlier, just saying they'll contact me directly once they have a firm dat from their logistics team
I had the same thing and then the DA called me telling me that the car is at the border and likely the delivery won't happen until approximately the 7th of October. I asked why the text? She said that the US team is sending them but don't know our challenges with the border crossing.
Disappointing. My VIN is high 110's.

I still have no VIN or delivery date in the portal, but got a text message last night from the Tesla delivery team saying my car is ready to be picked up today. Is this legit? Has anyone else had this happen? I find it strange because it gives me no time to get a charger installed....

View attachment 338226

Here is the text I got on Monday out of the blue. I too had no VIN or delivery date. Called him back and arranged a time. After that I had some questions about the delivery and address of the Lienholder that he couldn't answer so I called the general Tesla number and the woman put me in touch directly with my local Toronto DA. He was great, answered all my ?'s. So mine was legit. But they were giving me 5 days notice for the delivery (still not a lot of time if you don't have charging set up, luckily my electrician finished up today and I'm all set). And my account has the delivery details on it.

I would call Tesla and ask to speak with your DA.

(1/3)Hi Jacqueline, This is Mychael from Tesla. You're Model 3 - RN107016274 is ready to be picked up on 9/29/18 at Mississauga-

(2/3)International Centre Temp Hub location! We have appointment openings at 12pm and 1pm. Which works best for you? Please feel free to

(3/3)text me back at this number, email me at [email protected], or call me at (510)602-3589 Ext.41835 at any time!

• Helpful
FINALLY picked up my model 3 today and found no major issues besides a minor scuff on the inner edge of the passenger headlight close to the frunk lid. Other than that no defects that jumped out at me. I wasn’t able to find any of the vins in the spreadsheet that were parked on the IC floor, but did see ranges from 70xxx, 107-108xxx. It was hard to scan the lot without looking suspicious. There were tons of cars outside and inside a separate holding area waiting to be prepped,

I was scheduled to pick up around 5:30pm but didn’t get out of there until 9pm. They had a system crash that delayed the final contracts getting printed. A lot of people including me were waiting for 3-4 hours just to sign and leave.

The team there were great, and some have been working since 8am up until 10pm. Apparently they have been delivering around 70 cars a day and are set to do over 200 this weekend.

In case anyone was curious, you do receive a die cast model 3, and a copy of your paperwork.
You have 72 hours to report any issues to the delivery associate you meet at delivery and they also write down any issues you notice before you leave with the vehicle.

Needless to say I’m exhausted, relieved for now, and tired. Need sleep lol.

Last edited:
Will do, fill your info into the spreadsheet and I'll have a look for it (I'll have this open on my phone while I walk through rather than the forums...easier that way). Put your wheel and interior config as well so its easier to zero in on it....what is your anticipated pickup date? I would think if its not within a day or two the car might be somewhere out back and maybe not accessible....but I'll report back as much as I can see tomorrow.

Toronto IC Deliveries VIN Search - Sept 2018

Thanks. I filled in the sheet. My date was tomorrow the 27th at 3pm.
Enjoy the ride back tomorrow. !!

Who did you use for the installation?

Incidentally, in order to get the ESA approval, I had one of two options for the HPWC install.
1. Install a 200 amp panel. ( I currently have a 100amp panel, with a 200 amp service)
2. Install a sub unit, which monitors the load of the entire house, and if the load exceeds 80% capacity, it will temporarily shut down charging to the car. As soon as the load drops below 80% capacity, it will start up again.

I opted for option #2, because it was a lot cheaper than a new panel. He felt the unit would never kick in and shut it down in my house though. I have a gas stove, and a gas water heater, but he said ESA would not approve it unless the unit was in.
I'm happy with their work, and the speed they showed up. They also supplied the HPWC, so I didn't even have to order that. They have stock. Same price you would buy it from Tesla for the HPWC.

Picked up my Model 3 yesterday and drove it to Saskatoon from Calgary, through Edmonton. Awesome experience, they even drove us (in a P100D, of course) to go get my travel permit. Didn't find any issues with quality, only thing was the carpet wasn't clipped into the console properly so I pushed in and it was fine! Love the car, can't wait for the rest of you to get yours!!!

Oh, also, I mentioned I was a line waiter and the girl said "hold on a sec, I'll see if they have any diecast models left!" and grabbed one from the back for me!

FINALLY picked up my model 3 today and found no major issues besides a minor scuff on the inner edge of the passenger headlight close to the frunk lid. Other than that no defects that jumped out at me. I wasn’t able to find any of the vins in the spreadsheet that were parked on the IC floor, but did see ranges from 70xxx, 107-108xxx. It was hard to scan the lot without looking suspicious. There were tons of cars outside and inside a separate holding area waiting to be prepped,

I was scheduled to pick up around 5:30pm but didn’t get out of there until 9pm. They had a system crash that delayed the final contracts getting printed. A lot of people including me were waiting for 3-4 hours just to sign and leave.

The team there were great, and some have been working since 8am up until 10pm. Apparently they have been delivering around 70 cars a day and are set to do over 200 this weekend.

In case anyone was curious, you do receive a die cast model 3, and a copy of your paperwork.
You have 72 hours to report any issues to the delivery associate you meet at delivery and they also write down any issues you notice before you leave with the vehicle.

Needless to say I’m exhausted, relieved for now, and tired. Need sleep lol.
Lol, I'm not going to be shy about looking suspicious...I'm going to be up front and say folks on the forum are waiting for updates and I'm just trying to help out and do my part to ease the delivery anxiety everyone is feeling ;)

Here is the text I got on Monday out of the blue. I too had no VIN or delivery date. Called him back and arranged a time. After that I had some questions about the delivery and address of the Lienholder that he couldn't answer so I called the general Tesla number and the woman put me in touch directly with my local Toronto DA. He was great, answered all my ?'s. So mine was legit. But they were giving me 5 days notice for the delivery (still not a lot of time if you don't have charging set up, luckily my electrician finished up today and I'm all set). And my account has the delivery details on it.

I would call Tesla and ask to speak with your DA.

(1/3)Hi Jacqueline, This is Mychael from Tesla. You're Model 3 - RN107016274 is ready to be picked up on 9/29/18 at Mississauga-

(2/3)International Centre Temp Hub location! We have appointment openings at 12pm and 1pm. Which works best for you? Please feel free to

(3/3)text me back at this number, email me at [email protected], or call me at (510)602-3589 Ext.41835 at any time!

I got a similar text Monday afternoon. My available choices for Saturday were 1:30pm and 4:30pm. I chose 4:30. Replied to the text and got a confirmation email and my account updated with delivery time and vin in about half an hour. Had to call the main Tesla number to set up financing as my account was locked in to cash. They reset it and I was able to apply online and got approved in an hour or two.

Just waiting for my final contract. Fingers crossed.

That’s the hilarious thing...I didn’t. It’s “suppose” to be available when I get there. I only have my account reflecting my financing terms and trade in accepted. Is the MVPA an actual document that’s suppose to be attached to my account portal?

My final paperwork wasn't available until I arrived either. My IDA had told me what cheque amount to bring (I'm financing - $3,000) so I wasn't too worried since if I bumped it up a bit to be sure, they'd just credit my loan.

Last edited:
Wish I could do the same but in Quebec the government won’t give the rebate unless the VIN is on the bill of sale. Makes this last minute delivery notification thing kinda difficult.

Unless you're planning road trips - and even then - with the LR we all have, you can go to a local supercharger and the 450 km (85% charge) will last you until you get the HPWC installed. Deliveries from Fremont (HPWC, wheel caps) continue to be quick, under 1 week.

Good luck to all those getting cars this week!!