Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Fuse Replacement 2016 Model S 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the part you have to replace and then have someone with toolbox to reset. Will let you know the results this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 376
Reactions: taimurasad
This is bizarre; how come so many of us are suddenly getting this error all of a sudden? Software update?

I got the message on my 2016 MS 85D yesterday. I've raised a service request but not reply as yet. As far as I'm concerned this should be covered under the battery warranty. I'm in the UK. Will post updates when I have them.

IMG_20230718_172141.jpg

Reactions: David Harvey
This is bizarre; how come so many of us are suddenly getting this error all of a sudden? Software update?

I got the message on my 2016 MS 85D yesterday. I've raised a service request but not reply as yet. As far as I'm concerned this should be covered under the battery warranty. I'm in the UK. Will post updates when I have them.

View attachment 957639

Assuming we all have the fuse with the battery built in, I suppose it could be a case of them all reaching a certain age which triggers the warning, rather than the actual health of the part.
Exactly.
The original overcurrent sensor/pyro fuse was powered by a non-replaceable non-rechargeable pair of batteries with a finite service life. It has no communication with the vehicle, so the car's software has an expiration date it is tracking.

The new version is self powered by the tiny voltage drop across the sensing element.

Subscribed for additional information. I got this today also on my 2014 P85D. If Tesla will do this for $243, that sounds reasonable but i generally like to DIY.
The service manual calls out dropping the pack. Plus you are dealing with the main high voltage high current circuits. $243 sounds like a great price (and I DIY my ICE cars).