Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Making damper and pressure adjustments at end of the track day.

3CFA3718-418C-4319-BAFF-563473F5D909.jpeg

Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
After months of waiting to get back on the track. I finally gave the AP Competition BBK a good work out at Laguna Seca on 7/26. My brake setup at this moment. Front AP Competition (AKB springs removed) with Endless EX99 pad. Rear stock Brembo caliper with RB rotor and Endless EX90 pad. Endless RF650 fluid. MPP BMC brace. The brake system performed flawlessly in four sessions. I typically drive between 7 to 11 laps. Each lap consumes between 5 to 7% of charge. The pedal feel lost a bit of the firmness after the 1st session, and then it just stays the same for the rest of the day. I attribute the change of pedal feel to the slight uneven pad material deposit on both the rear and the front rotors. Regardless of the pedal feel, it didn't change the ease of modulation and the brake force. Having consistent brake for the entire day is a confident inspiring. A day of flogging also reduced the buzzy sound produced by the J-hook rotors. @Lucky13

For the next track day, I will use EX99 for the rear as well. I have the pads, was just too lazy to change it out. :D

The @MountainPass front lower control arm bushing is a must for drivers that like predictability. I have never hit so many apexes in my 3 before. The combination of extra traction from #noshim FUCA and the bushing transform the 3 car into a much more capable, predictable, and enjoyable track car.

Thanks for the update and feedback! I'm thinking of switching to EX99's as well once my RB XT pads wear out.
So what kind of lap times were you hitting at Seca?

After months of waiting to get back on the track. I finally gave the AP Competition BBK a good work out at Laguna Seca on 7/26. My brake setup at this moment. Front AP Competition (AKB springs removed) with Endless EX99 pad. Rear stock Brembo caliper with RB rotor and Endless EX90 pad. Endless RF650 fluid. MPP BMC brace. The brake system performed flawlessly in four sessions. I typically drive between 7 to 11 laps. Each lap consumes between 5 to 7% of charge. The pedal feel lost a bit of the firmness after the 1st session, and then it just stays the same for the rest of the day. I attribute the change of pedal feel to the slight uneven pad material deposit on both the rear and the front rotors. Regardless of the pedal feel, it didn't change the ease of modulation and the brake force. Having consistent brake for the entire day is a confident inspiring. A day of flogging also reduced the buzzy sound produced by the J-hook rotors. @Lucky13

For the next track day, I will use EX99 for the rear as well. I have the pads, was just too lazy to change it out. :D

The @MountainPass front lower control arm bushing is a must for drivers that like predictability. I have never hit so many apexes in my 3 before. The combination of extra traction from #noshim FUCA and the bushing transform the 3 car into a much more capable, predictable, and enjoyable track car.
Nice to hear or not hear I guess..lol glad you had a nice time out there. I am still tempted to do brakes but just sure. My brakes performed pretty damn well this weekend.

how has the Endless been holding up as a dedicated track pad that doesn't destroy the street too much? I also don't see EX90 on their website, just EX99 Track and EX99 Track and Street

Thanks for the update and feedback! I'm thinking of switching to EX99's as well once my RB XT pads wear out.
So what kind of lap times were you hitting at Seca?

I was only able to do a couple of 1:45's this past Sunday. It was a 102db weekend packed with 35 cars in my Open B run group (pass anywhere). Had to do a bit of rear mirror driving with lots of stupid fast cars. I was hoping to get into 1:43 or 1:42 with the new setup. I think it is very doable with the car and my skills. I will post some vids when I get a chance to process the video/data.
Overall the track day accomplishes my goal of relearning the car again and gaining confidence in what it is capable of. Another Laguna track day is only 4 wks away. :D

I assume you have XT970? Endless offers EX90 and EX99. I have tried both. EX99 costs 10%, but it has a wider temp range with a higher temp limit, with no detectable downside. I would recommend 99 over 90.

how has the Endless been holding up as a dedicated track pad that doesn't destroy the street too much? I also don't see EX90 on their website, just EX99 Track and EX99 Track and Street

The person I work with is Erik, Endless American rep. As Erik explained to me, EX90 is a derivative of MX72, EX99 is a derivative of CC-Rg. EX90 is what I tried with my RB BBK setup, it was very linear compare to XT970. However, it still had issues with overheating which ended up with an uneven deposit on the rotor. When I share the information and photos with Erik/Endless, that's when he recommended EX99. Both 90 and 99 are rotor friendly.

I am not sure which website you are looking at. The Endless website I visit doesn't list neither 90 or 99. o_O ENDLESS OFFICIAL WEB SITE

• Informative
Reactions: Ren.OG
I was only able to do a couple of 1:45's this past Sunday. It was a 102db weekend packed with 35 cars in my Open B run group (pass anywhere). Had to do a bit of rear mirror driving with lots of stupid fast cars. I was hoping to get into 1:43 or 1:42 with the new setup. I think it is very doable with the car and my skills. I will post some vids when I get a chance to process the video/data.
Overall the track day accomplishes my goal of relearning the car again and gaining confidence in what it is capable of. Another Laguna track day is only 4 wks away. :D

I assume you have XT970? Endless offers EX90 and EX99. I have tried both. EX99 costs 10%, but it has a wider temp range with a higher temp limit, with no detectable downside. I would recommend 99 over 90.

Nice, well done! So far my best time at Seca with the mods was a 1:43.05 (bone stock best was 1:46.98) so I’m really close to breaking into the 1:42’s. Maybe switching from XT910 to EX99 will do it! Do you get any brake squeak with the EX99 in daily driving?