Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Been denied refund on CPO deposit three times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you talking about? Tesla has HUNDREDS of inventory Model S and X vehicles
Heck I’m test driving one today, unless you’re telling me I’m about to test drive another customers vehicle?
Hundreds! Oh my! How many service centers... Hundreds! How many cars do they sell each month... Tens of thousands.
Typical ICE dealer sells a hundred cars a month and they have a few hundred cars on the lot. Tesla might have a few inventory cars on the lot and they deliver hundreds.
Scale and percentage count.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Hundreds! Oh my! How many service centers... Hundreds! How many cars do they sell each month... Tens of thousands.
Typical ICE dealer sells a hundred cars a month and they have a few hundred cars on the lot. Tesla might have a few inventory cars on the lot and they deliver hundreds.
Scale and percentage count.
But you said tesla “doesn’t have any inventory to speak of”
The number of vehicles is irrelevant as even 1 vehicle makes your statement inaccurate.

Tesla did a lot of work to get the car you ordered sent to you for pickup.
They expressly posted that the money was non refundable.
If they decide to send you your money back it is due to the good gracious of the company.

Hope you get your money back, but I would totally understand it if they refuse a refund in this circum

Sure ignore the “doesn’t have any” part of your claim
For someone calling others dense, you sure have a hard time understanding that you were wrong.
I don't know why you're being so obstinate on this point. You may not be a native English speaker and may not be familiar with English phrases and idioms.
When someone says "doesn't have any to speak of", it means an insignificant amount, not worth speaking about. Tesla has a very small number of inventory vehicles. These are extras from deliveries that didn't work out or cars built as loaners or demonstrators. The total number of these is a very small percentage of their sales. They typically sell these off when no longer needed as demonstrators, etc. and particularly at the end of the quarter when they are trying to boost sales. Tesla does not build cars "on spec" to sit on sales lots hoping that someone will buy them.
All of the large automakers typically have inventory sitting on their dealers lots equivalent to about 60 days of sales. A typical dealer will have hundreds of new inventory cars sitting waiting for a buyer. Tesla may have a few cars, equivalent to a few days sales. They don't have any inventory to speak of. It's an insignificant amount. It's not worth speaking about and I will now stop speaking about it because it's a waste of time.
(I know the shorts in the past have made a big deal about trying to find Tesla's hidden inventory as proof that they have no demand but these efforts have all proven futile. Tesla sells every car they make as soon as it can be delivered. They have no inventory to speak of.)

I don't know why you're being so obstinate on this point. You may not be a native English speaker and may not be familiar with English phrases and idioms.
When someone says "doesn't have any to speak of", it means an insignificant amount, not worth speaking about. Tesla has a very small number of inventory vehicles. These are extras from deliveries that didn't work out or cars built as loaners or demonstrators. The total number of these is a very small percentage of their sales. They typically sell these off when no longer needed as demonstrators, etc. and particularly at the end of the quarter when they are trying to boost sales. Tesla does not build cars "on spec" to sit on sales lots hoping that someone will buy them.
All of the large automakers typically have inventory sitting on their dealers lots equivalent to about 60 days of sales. A typical dealer will have hundreds of new inventory cars sitting waiting for a buyer. Tesla may have a few cars, equivalent to a few days sales. They don't have any inventory to speak of. It's an insignificant amount. It's not worth speaking about and I will now stop speaking about it because it's a waste of time.
(I know the shorts in the past have made a big deal about trying to find Tesla's hidden inventory as proof that they have no demand but these efforts have all proven futile. Tesla sells every car they make as soon as it can be delivered. They have no inventory to speak of.)
I’m not a native English speaker.
They have a few hundred cars listed for sale, many are close in vin and similar build which one can reasonably assume were built to sell as inventory models.
You keep comparing tesla to dealerships and that’s like comparing apples to oranges. Tesla is a manufacturer while dealers are just a 3rd party. Dealers order cars based on what they think consumers will purchase so of course they’ll have cars on their lots... that’s their business model.

Their sales methods are completely different, so to say- oh but dealers have hundreds of cars on their lot! While tesla has none, makes no sense because that’s exactly how a dealership operates.

Also just because Tesla only has a few hundred cars up for sale doesn’t mean that’s all the inventory they have
Because I know for a fact when I was shopping for one, my contact at tesla had access to A LOT more cars than were listed on their site.

You seem to be taking this as an attack on tesla and it’s not. It’s good that they have inventory cars for people to just come in and purchase and not have to wait weeks for it

Reactions: PhilDavid
While I agree that you should get your deposit back if you don't like/want the car, I think your case would be stronger if you reject the delivery for cause and request your deposit back rather than request your deposit for no cause/reason.

If Tesla delivers a used car to you undamaged and in great shape, why not just accept the car? After all you did want to buy that car when you put down the deposit.

On the other hand if they deliver to you a car that is damaged and in unacceptable condition I bet few would take the position that you should not get your deposit back as that would be an absurdly unreasonable position to take.

In fact we know from the forum that anyone wh:rolleyes:o rejected delivery because they were delivered a beat up/damaged car was able to get their deposit back.

Of course, all this nonsense could be avoided if Tesla would contract with Kia to sell their used cars as apparently Kia knows how to refurbish used cars, make a profit while doing so, staff the sales operation so customer questions can be answered and treat used car customers fairly by offering a quality product :rolleyes:

Who knows, maybe in the new year Tesla customers will be treated as well as someone buying a used/CPO Kia :D:p:confused:

the complication would be shipping costs? What's their reasonable cost to ship CA to AZ?

I'm super happy, I put about 700 miles on it this week and it performed perfectly. To review a 2012 MS for $33.4k with tech package, 85kwh battery, air suspension, uhfs, 21 in Turbines, sunroof, unlimited super charging, and full warranty up to 100k miles. It has 78k now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Akikiki
MVIMG_20181228_163532_exported_7961969211585990293.jpg
MVIMG_20181229_170808.jpg
MVIMG_20181227_082438.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Denila, GSP and Tam