Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beta FSD false strikes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lately I have had some intermittent issues where FSD thinks my eyes are not on the road and disables FSD for the rest of the drive and generating strikes against me for the beta fsd program. It might be a cabin camera problem since I received a couple of cabin camera errors so I am taking it in to my service centre to have checked out. Question I have will the Service folks remove those beta strikes against me? Anyone else have a similar experience? (2019 M3 long range)

Reactions: GalacticHero
Lately I have had some intermittent issues where FSD thinks my eyes are not on the road and disables FSD for the rest of the drive and generating strikes against me for the beta fsd program. It might be a cabin camera problem since I received a couple of cabin camera errors so I am taking it in to my service centre to have checked out. Question I have will the Service folks remove those beta strikes against me? Anyone else have a similar experience? (2019 M3 long range)

How dare you to complain about Elon's strike assignment methodology. If Elon calls a strike on your gaze wondering off, it's 100% your fault, because you are unworthy.
Common, man, you threw away $6-12K for vaporware that doesn't allow you to drive the car like a real man, and NOW you are complaining?

FSD == For Sure, Dude.
FSD == Full Strike Daily.
FSD == Fools (moderator edit)

More here:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
How dare you to complain about Elon's strike assignment methodology. If Elon calls a strike on your gaze wondering off, it's 100% your fault, because you are unworthy.
Common, man, you threw away $6-12K for vaporware that doesn't allow you to drive the car like a real man, and NOW you are complaining?

FSD == For Sure, Dude.
FSD == Full Strike Daily.
FSD == Fools (moderator edit)

More here:
And lovin’ it!!! Oh and thank so much for insightful and thoughtful contribution to the topic 🤪

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amerimark
Same here. Having mine checked on Tuesday. Fortunately I only have one strike. Now when it goes berserk I disengage it before it causes a strike.

This is really annoying ! I paid for FSD and shouldn't be denied the use of it because of false strikes .(Or any strikes ) .
The strike system is not a good thing anyway Don't penalize me for driving my car ..After the FSD stopped working, I then was getting autopilot disengagements
that were false (once while sitting at a traffic light) ..After resetting everything , this seems to have waned . I have only had FSD for 3 months and I am more than mad after waiting 6 months to get it ..Add this to , Speed limits are non existent , false collision warnings , and for some reason the turn signals click twice when rounding sharp curves in the road .
With FSD , when the speed limit changes , the car does not slow down forever ..So I have to manually disengage FSD.
Autopilot doesn't have this problem .

This is really annoying ! I paid for FSD and shouldn't be denied the use of it because of false strikes .(Or any strikes ) .
The strike system is not a good thing anyway Don't penalize me for driving my car ..After the FSD stopped working, I then was getting autopilot disengagements
that were false (once while sitting at a traffic light) ..After resetting everything , this seems to have waned . I have only had FSD for 3 months and I am more than mad after waiting 6 months to get it ..Add this to , Speed limits are non existent , false collision warnings , and for some reason the turn signals click twice when rounding sharp curves in the road .
With FSD , when the speed limit changes , the car does not slow down forever ..So I have to manually disengage FSD.
Autopilot doesn't have this problem .
Life as a software tester is interesting, isn't it?

Reactions: GalacticHero
No internal camera, but I received two false strikes yesterday where the red steering wheel icon appeared without the prior warnings. I can often drive 20 minutes or so without a nag, so I think something is wrong with my steering wheel. Before FSD beta, I would sometimes get a warning that I was using a weight, forget the exact language, even though I have never done that. I opened a service ticket so that Tesla can take a look at it. I like the longer no nag intervals but I don't want to lose FSD.

Same here. Having mine checked on Tuesday. Fortunately I only have one strike. Now when it goes berserk I disengage it before it causes a strike.
Just noticed I never followed up here. The interior camera was faulty and the headliner was mounted too low. It was hanging down into the site line. The Service Center fixed both under warranty.