Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny thing about the charge port. On our model 3, it opens constantly when hit with water while I'm washing it. On my model Y, it NEVER opens when I hit it with water. I assumed they made some type of design improvement with the Model Y -- I guess not.

I think that is only if your phone isn’t in your pocket? I usually have my phone on me for Bluetooth music. Correct me if I’m wrong as I’ve never tried it.
If you manually lock it, it won't unlock automatically just from being near it. I _think_ that would change if you went far enough away and came back, but I'm not sure. This is generally how I wash the car, though, as I don't want to accidentally open the port while pressure washing.

If you manually lock it, it won't unlock automatically just from being near it. I _think_ that would change if you went far enough away and came back, but I'm not sure. This is generally how I wash the car, though, as I don't want to accidentally open the port while pressure washing.
Ok thank you. Good to know. I’ve walked away before and came back, touched the charge port door and it opened. I just assumed it always would. I just deleted a recording yesterday of the car recording me washing it. Lol

I just updated to 2021.32.5 on my MY and it says the inside camera is now on and part of autopilot monitoring! I didn't read about that anywhere that it was coming now. FYI I am not part of FSD beta.
IMG_0183.jpeg

Reactions: MBx4 and Velcade
2020 LRMY here; I downloaded and installed version 2021.24.4 this afternoon and also updated the Tesla app on my iPhone. So far all I have tested in the new release is I can tap on the range estimate number and the battery icon flips to % SOC.

Reactions: Gaige
My week old MY is running 2021.3.106. Do I need to force an update?
There is no way to force an update and the running theme of the past two months is that vision cars delivered with 2021.3.10x software aren't getting updates period. I've seen some people claiming 3.104 updated to 4.18 and there has been one claim of 3.106 doing that too, but I think they were confused because their delivery date was before 3.106 started shipping on new cars and it was probably another 3.104.

Just to be clear, the 2021.3.10x versions are not old, they are actively being developed and there is just something weird happening with new vision cars where we are on a different version track than older cars (and currently missing out on all the new goodies, which isn't great).

Reactions: MBx4
Does it still nag you to torque the wheel while driving?
I assume it will but haven't tried. A few months back the user green found this update in the code and the assumption was they would use it to monitor folks who do the beta for FSD to make sure they are using it correctly. With this update coming, that seems like it's the case. I'm personally glad they are because we have too many people abusing it and risking the technology for the rest of us while Tesla continues to develop it...

Reactions: Schulz1983