Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black dot icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the top right of my screen between my driver setting name and the wifi strength indicator is a small black dot that shows a red center when touched. I have looked thru the owner's manual but still can not figure out what it is. Help???
Do a search in the owner’s manual for “sentry mode” or check out the threads here about it. Or both. :)

Where did the car save the Sentry files when the black dot is pressed? The TeslaCam folder on the flash drive? If there's no flash drive plugged in, its not going start/show the red dot? Doesn't that connect the dots?

Where did the car save the Sentry files when the black dot is pressed? The TeslaCam folder on the flash drive? If there's no flash drive plugged in, its not going start/show the red dot? Doesn't that connect the dots?

Sentry doesn't require recording anything.

If you are recording via the dashcam feature while sentry is enabled though it will save the last 10 minutes of dashcam footage to the Saved folder when it enters alert mode.