Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Black/Black MYLR gemini wheels, no add-ons (to stay under the then-capped 55k MSRP) on January 19. Estimated delivery was March 5-31. Got assigned a VIN on January 31, sadly I was on vacation and wasn't able to be home before the delivery window ended (they only give you 7 days!) so I had to pass. I immediately resumed the order and estimated delivery changed to Feb 2-8, but now says March-May. Big sad, but hopefully it will be sooner than the estimate.

@Obe8 can you send link to wheel covers?

wow! you ordered a day after me with the same options and got an earlier edd and received a vin within a couple weeks.

original edd for me was march 17-31 with od on January 18.

edd recently got updated to Feb 18 - March 18 but still no vin

Woohoo!
03947196-5BA9-4B47-AAFE-C6E5B5973AA6.jpeg

Ordered Black/Black MYLR gemini wheels, no add-ons (to stay under the then-capped 55k MSRP) on January 19. Estimated delivery was March 5-31. Got assigned a VIN on January 31, sadly I was on vacation and wasn't able to be home before the delivery window ended (they only give you 7 days!) so I had to pass. I immediately resumed the order and estimated delivery changed to Feb 2-8, but now says March-May. Big sad, but hopefully it will be sooner than the estimate.

@Obe8 can you send link to wheel covers?
Here’s the Amazon link. However, I got my wheel covers from OfferUp.
Help me decide on this product: Klutchtech Tesla Model Y Hubcaps - 19 Inch Gemini Wheel Covers Replacement Tesla Wheel Caps 19'' Überturbine Wheel Hub Caps Compatible with Tesla Model Y Accessories 2021-2023 (Matte Black - 4 Pack) Amazon.com

wow! you ordered a day after me with the same options and got an earlier edd and received a vin within a couple weeks.

original edd for me was march 17-31 with od on January 18.

edd recently got updated to Feb 18 - March 18 but still no vin
I suspect the vehicle was not intended for me and someone else in my area with the same configuration canceled their order, so it went to me next.

Yesterday my app EDD updated from March-May to March 8-31. In RI

Reactions: fredzos
OD 1-14
Blk/blk 19"
Newest EDD 2-11/2-25
Just got the VIn Austin build. I am in so cal/LA 🤷‍♂️
I'm sorry lol. It's weird but I thought Austin was supposed to go east coast and Fremont West Coast? Seems like Tesla doesn't really know what they're doing and can't decide where they ship vehicles. I do really want a Fremont build, this seems like Fremont has better build quality but I do just really want the matrix headlights.
I guess I won't get a vin until next month, my DD 2-31 Mar. I ordered my mobile connector and it shipped yesterday, I know it's completely unrelated to getting my car

I'm sorry lol. It's weird but I thought Austin was supposed to go east coast and Fremont West Coast? Seems like Tesla doesn't really know what they're doing and can't decide where they ship vehicles. I do really want a Fremont build, this seems like Fremont has better build quality but I do just really want the matrix headlights.
I guess I won't get a vin until next month, my DD 2-31 Mar. I ordered my mobile connector and it shipped yesterday, I know it's completely unrelated to getting my car
From what I hear Fremont does have matrix but build quality and paint is better coming from Austin. It's all speculation though. I am assuming they made a huge batch of black model y's out of Austin. I have been following these forms and reddit and haven't seen any 5 blk 5 seaters come from Fremont. At least I know I'm getting the most bang out of my buck for the $1390 delivery/ destination charge 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Blacked_Y
From what I hear Fremont does have matrix but build quality and paint is better coming from Austin. It's all speculation though. I am assuming they made a huge batch of black model y's out of Austin. I have been following these forms and reddit and haven't seen any 5 blk 5 seaters come from Fremont. At least I know I'm getting the most bang out of my buck for the $1390 delivery/ destination charge 🤣
Honestly, I'm not too worried about it, the percentage of bad build qualities are actually pretty low. They just get blown out of proportion and make the news/ social media way more often than a good ones. I never knew about Fremont not making b/b 5 seaters, makes me reset my expectations to low knowing that I probably won't get matrix headlights lol