Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Screen on Car Entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I got my new Model 3 around 2 weeks ago and so far this has happened 5 times. On entry to my car, the screen is completely black and I have to perform a 2 button reset to fix this. All software updates are done.

Given the frequency it's occurring, do you think this is an issue worth raising a service request over?

TIA!

Reactions: zknobody
Here is the first link that is shown in the "Similar threads" section of this post for me...might want to check it out:

Here is the first link that is shown in the "Similar threads" section of this post for me...might want to check it out:

I did read this to be fair, but most of the talk is around formatting the memory card due to it being full etc. With the car being new I wasn't sure if this really applied - I will give it a go though, thanks.

Hi,

I got my new Model 3 around 2 weeks ago and so far this has happened 5 times. On entry to my car, the screen is completely black and I have to perform a 2 button reset to fix this. All software updates are done.

Given the frequency it's occurring, do you think this is an issue worth raising a service request over?

TIA!

I've experienced the same problem.
M3 MIC
Under 30 days, 3 black screens.

I have a service appt lined up next week.

I am in the same boat. Got 5 times so far. Just 4 weeks old MY(RWD). SW version is v11.1(2023.20.7 e95984b28fca). Along with that, WIFI is getting disconnected and switched to LTE every minute no matter what bands(2.4g/5g) are. Not sure if factory reset fixes.. Aaargh...

I am in the same boat. Got 5 times so far. Just 4 weeks old MY(RWD). SW version is v11.1(2023.20.7 e95984b28fca). Along with that, WIFI is getting disconnected and switched to LTE every minute no matter what bands(2.4g/5g) are. Not sure if factory reset fixes.. Aaargh...
open a service request, they acknowledged the blank screen issue
i don't have the WIFI problem or I haven't noticed yet since my premium sub just expired

Just got my Model Y yesterday and it’s already happened twice. Once as I was about to drive away from the dealership and again when I got home and plugged it in (both times before I even put a memory card in.

I literally just had my Model 3 bought back by Tesla due to screen issues they couldn’t fix so I’m really hoping this isn’t a recurring issue.

hey guys
i was away for a few days and didn't get a chance to update
software update 2023.20.8 was installed recently which should resolve the issue
while i was away 26.1 was also installed so hopefully one of these resolves this for good

Sadly it has happened to me twice today and my car is all up to date except 2023.20.9 which seems to have come out today.

I've raised a service request, will see what happens. Tried to reformat / wipe the USB, no luck.