Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue wifi and Iphone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed Blackvue on my car over the weekend and setup Blackvue wi-fi on my phone. It's kind of annoying that whenever I get in the car, my phone will automatically connect to Blackvue wifi, which means I'm not connecting to cellular network. I have to push the little button on the side of the Blackvue to turn it off every time.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way? Thanks.

In the settings, you can turn "wifi on by default" off (it's called something like that - don't have the setup screen handy now). If you do it from your PC, I recall it was in the upper left of one of the setup screens. Then, to turn on the BV's wifi, you press the button on the right side of it.

There is a better way. Get the "wifi priority" app from the iOS App Store. It creates a profile which allows you to disable autojoin for specific wifi networks. This way my phone autojoins my home network but doesn't join the Blackvue one when I get in the car. If I want to join the Blackvue one I click on it in settings and do NOT need to enter password each time. See this Reddit thread:

Can I disable auto-login of specific WiFi networks?

There is a better way. Get the "wifi priority" app from the iOS App Store. It creates a profile which allows you to disable autojoin for specific wifi networks. This way my phone autojoins my home network but doesn't join the Blackvue one when I get in the car. If I want to join the Blackvue one I click on it in settings and do NOT need to enter password each time. See this Reddit thread:

Can I disable auto-login of specific WiFi networks?
This is a great tip!
Never knew about this app.