Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Blue Unicorn has landed! And it joins one of its two other blue siblings (step-siblings).

More photos tomorrow with all three blue siblings together.
20210917_152154.jpg

Ordered a Blue MYLR on 09/10 after dithering for several months about whether to do this now or wait for the 4680s to come out. One of the stupidest hesitations of my adult life, as it bumped the delivery date from October to January. Decided after taking an immaculate demo car home overnight in early Sept (would have done so earlier, but I was back in my native New Zealand for much of the summer). Loved the experience even more than I thought I would, if that's even possible. Damn, it was hard to return it! I've got a long wait ahead, and I'm honestly wondering how I'm going to make it. I'm curious about the end of quarter demo dumps mentioned here, and whether it's possible to jump up the queue with them. Obviously my first post, but have lurked for a good while. Love the forums.

Reactions: bplboy
Ordered a Blue MYLR on 09/10 after dithering for several months about whether to do this now or wait for the 4680s to come out. One of the stupidest hesitations of my adult life, as it bumped the delivery date from October to January. Decided after taking an immaculate demo car home overnight in early Sept (would have done so earlier, but I was back in my native New Zealand for much of the summer). Loved the experience even more than I thought I would, if that's even possible. Damn, it was hard to return it! I've got a long wait ahead, and I'm honestly wondering how I'm going to make it. I'm curious about the end of quarter demo dumps mentioned here, and whether it's possible to jump up the queue with them. Obviously my first post, but have lurked for a good while. Love the forums.
I'm jealous you made it through the NZ lockdowns. My daughter and SIL live in NZ and I figure it will be another year before I get to see them again. In the meantime, the blue MYLR should help ease the pain of separation....

I'm jealous you made it through the NZ lockdowns. My daughter and SIL live in NZ and I figure it will be another year before I get to see them again. In the meantime, the blue MYLR should help ease the pain of separation....

Yeah, it's a long two weeks! But then you come out into normal life, no masks, no social distancing, and no Covid. Hope you do get to see your daughter before too long. Where in NZ do they live?

Congrats man! I was suppose to pick mine up today but the truck is being delayed. New DD is 9/20, fingers crossed.
Thanks Dan.
I can imagine that frustration... excitement to be picking up today to enjoy 9n the weekend only to get delayed by 2 days. I get bothered when FedEx or UPS delays my shipment of fun gadgets... this is 1,000x worse than that. Hang in there, it's almost yours!

Reactions: DanJae