Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 4 white cars, we ordered a.... white Y. A week after ordering it, switched to Blue. It's a gorgeous color, and we need to spice it up a bit. :) I don't know if it's the color or the Tow hitch, but EDD is now 10/1 - 10/21. So, up to 5 months from initial order...

My blue MYP was delivered yesterday. I’m very pleased with it!

First morning to work:
4EDBB5DF-8D00-42E9-B2E2-8A4805CAF6E1.jpeg

I was debating colors but ultimately settled on blue. I’ve recently noticed a blue MYLR in the lot at work and I definitely drive slower past it. Hopefully they aren’t tracking me in sentry mode :/
Ordered a 7 seater on 7/29 and I’m showing an EDD of 9/12-30.
Here’s to a large batch of blue coming out soon!
Agree that the blue looks great! I ordered my 7 seater on 06/28 and am sitting at delivery 10/18-11/08 after of course multiple changes and more to come. Hope you get yours soon - that would be a quick turnaround based on the order date.

Reactions: MTBevrider
Above was posted in late July. Since then, EDD has been intermittently blank or showing dates from late Sept to mid-Oct, or just "October" for a while.

Today I have a new EDD October 13 - November 02. If this comes true, it will be 86 - 106 days from order re-activation, 147 - 167 days from original order. Clearly, my inability to accept a suddenly available VIN in June put me right to the back of the line.

But, the good news is that I will be prepared for a bio-warfare attack or a vax-resistant COV strain.
(the "Tesla Variant"?)
Update: After the typical bouncing around and disappearances of of EDD, as late as November 02, today I see
September 29-30.
MYLR Blue/White, original order 5/19 with a hold gap mid-June to mid- July.

Of course it could change again, and I don't have a VIN yet, but this is feeling more real because it's a narrow window, and because I know Tesla is motivated to close out deliveries at the end of the quarter. I know it also gets to be a madhouse at the delivery centers at that time but I'll just deal with it.

I guess I should post this in the Arizona Waiting Room also...

Are you planning for a PPF or ceramic coating? I had a similar blue in my past life and had several small scratches visible up close. From a distance you can’t notice them.
I’m not planning on those. Scratches and dents typically don’t bother me that much, so hopefully I’ll be OK with the natural “battle damage” this car acquires as I drive it.

Reactions: Excelsior0896
Update: After the typical bouncing around and disappearances of of EDD, as late as November 02, today I see
September 29-30.
MYLR Blue/White, original order 5/19 with a hold gap mid-June to mid- July.

Of course it could change again, and I don't have a VIN yet, but this is feeling more real because it's a narrow window, and because I know Tesla is motivated to close out deliveries at the end of the quarter. I know it also gets to be a madhouse at the delivery centers at that time but I'll just deal with it.

I guess I should post this in the Arizona Waiting Room also...
I had that EDD for a few days…. Didn’t stick. I hope it does for you!

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ