Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue washer fluid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I use the button to put water on my windshields there is a light blue color to the water that just started coming out. It’s so light I can’t see it all the time until it gets on my white car where it shows more. Anyone know what this is and should I be worried? Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: Johan
When I use the button to put water on my windshields there is a light blue color to the water that just started coming out. It’s so light I can’t see it all the time until it gets on my white car where it shows more. Anyone know what this is and should I be worried? Thanks!

So you guys in Hawaii only put water in your windshield washer fluid compartment? :) Well as long as the temperature never comes close to freezing I guess that could work, but don't you get corrosion in the system (rust)?

Funny. I've been driving for 35 years and I have never once put water in the washer fluid reservoir. (Of course, I grew up in Montreal and now live in Toronto and you would never think of putting water in there.) Anti-freeze only - at least here in Canada, by law, it must be colored, (blue / orange / green etc) anything other than clear to differentiate it from water).

So you guys in Hawaii only put water in your windshield washer fluid compartment? :) Well as long as the temperature never comes close to freezing I guess that could work, but don't you get corrosion in the system (rust)?

Most people only put water, some do use additives but our water is filtered naturally through lava rock and is very clean. Only thing that really creates rust is the salt in the air from the ocean, but that happens more if you live close to the beaches. Our cold, well my cold is 65 degrees, it can get around high-mid 50’s but that is only in certain neighborhoods and certain time of the morning or evening.

Reactions: Johan
Funny. I've been driving for 35 years and I have never once put water in the washer fluid reservoir. (Of course, I grew up in Montreal and now live in Toronto and you would never think of putting water in there.) Anti-freeze only - at least here in Canada, by law, it must be colored, (blue / orange / green etc) anything other than clear to differentiate it from water).
Oh wow! We don’t have very harsh weather here in Hawaii, lucky we don’t have to put anything specific in our washer fluid. Thanks for sharing!