Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The consensus on the comments on Tom's blog is that it's an April fools prank... I assumed his post here was from today (the 2nd) but alas I see it has yesterday's date now.

That's the problem with reading April 1st posts on the 2nd. You're not expecting to get pranked...

Indeed it was a joke, just having some fun and hope there wasn't a problem with that. I updated the post today to indicate it was indeed a April Fools Day post. It's funny, even on April 1st I had other websites grab and repost it without questioning it's validity.

On 4/1 question everything on the internet! Hell, question everything in the internet every day! ;)

BMW is sure putting in lots of money for a car they can't produce at any sort of volume. I was very surprised to see this tonight (Tokyo).

Thou doth protest too much

image.jpg

BMW is sure putting in lots of money for a car they can't produce at any sort of volume. I was very surprised to see this tonight (Tokyo).

Thou doth protest too much

Besides Japan, it is launching in Korea and China in the next few months. Production definitely started out slowly but it appears they have picked up the pace recently by the VIN#s we have been tracking in the i3 Facebook group. I think they appear to be up to about 140 - 150 per day now.

Amazing, just found out that the i3 appears to have won the Auto Zeitung Design Trophy 2014 in the category Small/City cars.
WTF? If they had voted for ugliest car on German roads I could have understood it, but best looking car in that category?

By the way, monthly new registrations of i3's in Germany 2014 (Model S for comparison in brackets):
Jan: 229 (30)
Feb: 179 (66)
Mar: 230 (143)

Amazing, just found out that the i3 appears to have won the Auto Zeitung Design Trophy 2014 in the category Small/City cars.
WTF? If they had voted for ugliest car on German roads I could have understood it, but best looking car in that category?

By the way, monthly new registrations of i3's in Germany 2014:
Jan: 229
Feb: 179
Mar: 230

It seems demand has peaked... ;-)

WTF? If they had voted for ugliest car on German roads I could have understood it, but best looking car in that category? /...
Sometimes when things seem to be a little too good to be true, there could be an alternate explanation… If you know what I mean :wink:

By the way, monthly new registrations of i3's in Germany 2014 (Model S for comparison in brackets):

I thought the Germans had good taste in cars? The i3 selling better than the Model S? Doesn't make any sense

Model S sales are doubling each month, while i3 remains flat. By this trend, Model S sales will surpass i3 in April.