Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW will be autonomous in 2021 how about Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talking about safety. I may be more calm to drive myself than be watching constantly for the autonomous driving mistake. Or is that not for most?
You have to try it first. The amount of relaxation is very different when you can stretch your hands, rotate your neck, and even just more comfortable drink some water/soda. I understand your perspective and feel that way until they try it more often.

As someone with an autopilot Model S I can confirm we are much closer to autonomy than most of the public thinks we are. The Tesla system with a single camera is astounding in terms of how bad the roads can be and yet the car still stays in its lane. Go read the post above this one and the Mobileye presentations. It also has been getting steadily more accurate over the 6 months since its release in successive new firmware releases.

All signs point to full-autonomy-capable hardware in the Model S 12 months or less from now.

Well this post from May 2016 did not age especially well :)

(in fairness, neither did the original post about a fully autonomous BMW EV in 2021....)

Reactions: Aellinsar