Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least 6, possibly a 7th in the distance. Look again. Not too important though; I think there are a lot more than six of the Sig cars in "body in white" form by now, if not already through the paint shop. I suspect Bonnie's is one of them. Confirmed delivery dates are not far off now...

View attachment 100173

Having bodies finished, and even painted, doesn't mean that the cars carry on through production. They might all be stacked up waiting on a box of door sills (or whatever).

Based on the information I got yesterday, there seemed to be good news for Bonnie and those who configured their signature Xs early, but disappointing news for me based on my reservation number. I was told that some Signature Xs will be delivered later this month. All configured Signature Xs are targeted to be delivered before end of the year. For folks like me, we'll get an the invite to configure toward the end of the year. I was told that I should configure a production X soon after the receiving the invite and expect a delivery in the second quarter 2016 :(

Based on the information I got yesterday, there seemed to be good news for Bonnie and those who configured their signature Xs early, but disappointing news for me based on my reservation number. I was told that some Signature Xs will be delivered later this month. All configured Signature Xs are targeted to be delivered before end of the year. For folks like me, we'll get an the invite to configure toward the end of the year. I was told that I should configure a production X soon after the receiving the invite and expect a delivery in the second quarter 2016 :(

I'm not sure I see them delivering all sigs by the end of the year, but I can see them ramping up quickly in Q1 for sure.

I've been expecting to get mine in April or May (p 4787) so this is mostly in line with my expectations. I do hope it's true about the Sigs starting to get theirs this month though. Two months (or less) behind the Founders really isn't bad at all and shows some improvements over the Model S delivery timeline.

I just hope they don't take something else away before then. I can live with (but am not particularly excited about) non-folding middle seats and 48A charging. Let's have no more bad surprises though (only good surprises!).

-CB

This was posted on the Random sightings thread, looks like your X, bonnie: Instagram
Guess you would have told us if it was ready to be delivered though, right ;)?!

That pic is taken from inside Palo Alto HQ (which you need badge access to get to). That store background is a sample that is setup in the 'showroom' area.