Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...some Signature Xs will be delivered later this month...
Hopefully it will be just enough time for a clear bra installation and my planned drive during the first week in December.

Here's hoping that Tesla will get all the issues worked out perfectly in time for Thanksgiving so Bonnie can open the falcon wings for the turkey wings of a perfectly cooked bird. Please, no one spill any gravy or dressing.

So having qualified for the discounted fully-loaded Founders X (thanks, Tesla!), I have a true first world problem here. I've configured and confirmed my Signature #2 and will be taking delivery 'soonish'.

But... I don't need two Model X. Consequently, I'm going to sell Sig #2 after taking delivery (which many of you have assumed) and then take delivery at some point in the future of the Founders version. And I feel incredibly lucky to first have held the reservation for #2 and now to be able to get the discounted Founders.

It will be REALLY hard not to keep it, but ... Founders. So no road trip coming up. But plenty of pics will be taken, measurements supplied, etc.

So having qualified for the discounted fully-loaded Founders X (thanks, Tesla!), I have a true first world problem here. I've configured and confirmed my Signature #2 and will be taking delivery 'soonish'.

But... I don't need two Model X. Consequently, I'm going to sell Sig #2 after taking delivery (which many of you have assumed) and then take delivery at some point in the future of the Founders version. And I feel incredibly lucky to first have held the reservation for #2 and now to be able to get the discounted Founders.

It will be REALLY hard not to keep it, but ... Founders. So no road trip coming up. But plenty of pics will be taken, measurements supplied, etc.

I'm sure you will have multiple offers. The car will be a collector's item someday. Congrats.

Congratulations! I am sure the Founders will come with a '72' which will make your travels into the 'supercharger challenged' areas possible/easier.

Last edited:
Sig before the founders?

I'm absolutely sure that the Founders to be built as a result of the incentive program will be batched in with Signatures. There's absolutely no reason that a Founders has to be built before a Sig.

I've said this before on the forum: Tesla was really smart on this one. If they'd said you'd qualify for a Sig, it would have changed the total number of Signatures built. That would have been uncool. If they put you into the production line, some people at the front would be rightly irritated that someone jumped in front of them.

But adding a few Founders onto the Founders series? That works. It's just a different VIN series and a couple badges - and allows to give the discounted price without that being taxable (because it's the same price that Founders sold for originally).

I assume they'll make them all before finishing up the Sig series, because some of us will select Sig Red paint & I'm sure they'd like to run those through in a batch and then dedicate that particular paint station to another color.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'm going to have to wait til sometime in Q1 or maybe even Q2 for the Founders.

Congrats, Bonnie! Looking forward to any updates you're willing to post. Also, do you have to wait for 10 of your referrals to take delivery before you can order/buy your Founders? That may be another contributing factor pushing you into Q2.

Congrats again, Joel

You're making the same decision I would make. Unquantifiably cool to have a Founder's Edition.

Do you have any more idea when your Signature car will be delivered?

No. Anything official & I'll share it here.

- - - Updated - - -

do you have to wait for 10 of your referrals to take delivery before you can order/buy your Founders? That may be another contributing factor pushing you into Q2.

So to be clear, the Q2 potential is 100% of my own making. I haven't talked to anyone yet about the Founders. I'm only thinking about how I'd roll it out if I were them.

I have heard that at least ten referrals have to take delivery first, but I don't know that for a fact (though it is true for those who won a free X).

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you should lease sig2 to someone. If something happens to your founder edition you can get your sig back :/

Have to admit that after expecting Sig 2 for all these years, there is a bit of an emotional heartache here. But no to leasing - best to end these relationships cleanly, no lingering. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bonnie, did you get 6 or 7 seats? I'd be prepared to buy your sig off you... Did you get Ludicrous mode?

Seven seats. Ludicrous mode.