Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed you have 70D in D Q, Congratulations. I know you have been holding off for a year. Better watch out, better not cry, better be good, I'll tell you why. Santa Is Bringing it to Town.:biggrin: If you ever come to Boone area. Stop by for a cool one.

I know, local friends have been rolling their eyes a lot lately ("jeez, get over it, order the dang car already"). Gotta hit that Japanese place in Boone with the HPWC soon!

You say that, but I've met him and the guy lives life larger than I do! By the time those bananas ripen he's skydived a bit or made some amazing runs. He is a trip and probably the one I enjoy meeting the most at our local owner's lunches.

Wow.If I was running for mayor of Charlotte I would hire you as my press guy.

Back in 1962-63 I jumped in Charlotte and filmed the jumps with a 16mm film camera.

mq1.jpg

...I am sorry for my part in the 'gates'
No need to be sorry. The correct choice is the right one, so as long as you are happy with your choice, I am pleased as well.

For me, every day of X delay is a day to enjoy Model S. I feel sorry for those who skipped a Model S purchase to wait for Model X. I want to see Tesla smiles on everyone's face. That will happen as each delivery takes place. Until then, I respect Tesla Motors right to make our vehicles perfect.

Hoping Earliest Prod Reservation Configuration Begins Today Prior to Earnings Call...

We should know something tomorrow after the earnings call...patience all my Jedi friends.... : )

Hopefully the analysts will ask all the right questions and Elon will really answer them so we'll learn what to eXpect and when.

I also hope that TSLA opens up the production configurator today to the first group so Elon can talk about that during the call (and I can configure!!) :biggrin:

I feel somehow that my wait will become easier once I've locked-in a production configuration so I'll know it's finally "real" and I'll get my X eventually. Right now prior to the call I'm guesstimating by the end of Jan. 2016 for P83.

I suspect Tesla is purposely withholding information on which cars have started production because the current production process is more drawn out than it is, and the process may have extended pauses at certain steps or the completed vehicles may be held for extra quality assurance checks. Rather than generating extra excitement and frustration from people whose cars may enter production earlier but be delivered later than someone else's, they are keeping information at a minimum until a firm delivery date can be set.