Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bonnie,

Been watching the thread for some time now and so excited for you to get your MX and post all the details! I'm surprised Tesla wouldnt just let you transfer the 40k from the sig over to the Founders. I cant imagine they will make you wait all that long for the Founders. Then you wouldnt have those "problems" you described earlier in the thread of two Model X's!

Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving with their families!

I think Bonnie wants both cars. Sig #2 should fetch a nice premium if sold with very few miles and while production is still ramping up.

Arghghghg. Here I saw the last post was from bonnie and thought "Yay! Something's happened!!!". Got all excited for nothing. And I don't even have a pony in this race.
HA, I was going to post this exact same thing at 1:36pm. This wait is way longer than I thought it would be. Much harder that I have a sig reservation than the S wait as I only had production...oh and quite a bit more TSLA as well ;)

Arghghghg. Here I saw the last post was from bonnie and thought "Yay! Something's happened!!!". Got all excited for nothing. And I don't even have a pony in this race.

HA, I was going to post this exact same thing at 1:36pm. This wait is way longer than I thought it would be. Much harder that I have a sig reservation than the S wait as I only had production...oh and quite a bit more TSLA as well ;)
The thread was started 9/2/15 and still no news about a delivery date/delivery of Sig#2......Bonnie, are you just too busy driving the X to let us know you already took delivery?:confused:

The thread was started 9/2/15 and still no news about a delivery date/delivery of Sig#2......Bonnie, are you just too busy driving the X to let us know you already took delivery?:confused:

You know that's not it. And on that point...

I'm sure hoping she gets it before the Christmas shutdown. What maybe 10 days or so to go?

You're hoping? How do you think Bonnie feels? She's been her usual, gracious self through all this, but I'm sure that as her delivery is taking longer and longer, and almost certainly longer than she would have liked, seeing posts like the ones above probably aren't making her feel any better. Perhaps we should try to avoid stirring things up during what I expect is a somewhat angst filled time.

Just my opinion, of course.

She's been her usual, gracious self through all this, but I'm sure that as her delivery is taking longer and longer, and almost certainly longer than she would have liked, seeing posts like the ones above probably aren't making her feel any better. Perhaps we should try to avoid stirring things up during what I expect is a somewhat angst filled time.
I'm not sure if you've met bonnie. "angst filled" is not a description that I could ever imagine being applied to her.
I think that she is simply applying her wisdom and clearly angelic patience to the situation. She has waited for almost four years for this car now. She wrote that check Feb 9, 2012. I'm pretty sure that as long as she gets one of the two Model X before Feb 9, 2016, she'll be relaxed and patient and positive. And be a role model for all of us in the forums :)

I'm not sure if you've met bonnie. "angst filled" is not a description that I could ever imagine being applied to her.
I think that she is simply applying her wisdom and clearly angelic patience to the situation. She has waited for almost four years for this car now. She wrote that check Feb 9, 2012. I'm pretty sure that as long as she gets one of the two Model X before Feb 9, 2016, she'll be relaxed and patient and positive. And be a role model for all of us in the forums :)

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Bonnie, but from what I know of her I do know what you mean about angst being a poor choice of words.

My point was really that whatever our passing interest in Bonnie's situation is, it is just that--an interest in --HER-- situation. She's been very open in sharing things, but I don't think that means we as a community should take advantage of that and be bugging her about a vehicle I'm sure she would like to have taken delivery of yesterday.

That's really all I was getting at.

On the TM MX forum, vgurbuxani apparently got notification for mid-december delivery:

Did you Bonnie?

https://my.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/just-got-email-middecember-delivery

(added link to US TM Forum thread)

In summary: on 12/9 Sig 122 received an email indicating mid-December delivery (pickup at Fremont).

Interesting that it wasn't narrowed down to an exact date ..but I'd take mid-December at this point

Bonnie is probably so excited ..she's speechless :biggrin:

Last edited:
Sure it wasn't mid December 2016? : )

My DS said my car went into production on 12/2 (VIN 0027X) - factory delivery
They said they don't have any precedence on manufacturing timeline so couldn't give me an exact date...but were shooting for the end of the year...

IF, and thats a big IF, vgurbuxani, was given a mid Dec delivery date (next week), I'm wondering when his car went into production.....

Sure it wasn't mid December 2016? : )

My first thought. :-(

My DS said my car went into production on 12/2 (VIN 0027X) - factory delivery
They said they don't have any precedence on manufacturing timeline so couldn't give me an exact date...but were shooting for the end of the year...

IF, and thats a big IF, vgurbuxani, was given a mid Dec delivery date (next week), I'm wondering when his car went into production.....

Well I'm on the other side of the country so if they are only building local pickup/delivery cars I guess I won't be getting mine until next year. As much as I want my Model X it isn't worth moving to California for. ;-)

I'm closer to Springfield NJ as I am right near the Delaware Water Gap and near the PA-NJ border. They asked me which I prefer so I picked Springfield.

..and that's my number 2. I'll probably pick up in Springfield as well, depends on which financing I ultimately go with. Apparently Tesla can provide financing if you pick up the car in NJ but not in PA. Odd, but what else is typical about this whole process :frown:

So neighbor, any word on delivery timeframe for you?