Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that Bonnie has disappeared. I wonder what's up....

Anyone in the area want to drop in on her and make sure everything is okay?

;)

I know everyone is waiting for more pics ... but wow, it felt great sleeping in :). I'm going to take Sig2 over to the service center this morning to get that missing diffuser bolt replaced (thanks all for noticing). Plus I know they all want to see it.

Couple tidbits - everyone has been wondering about the cooled seats and debating if it's from the bottom or seat bottom and seat back. I heard (and will check) that while the air enters through the bottom cushion, it is distributed throughout the seat. That might explain the discrepancy in answers that have been heard.

Unexpected bonus of FWD: I stopped on the way home to pick up a few groceries. You know how you usually have to position the shopping cart behind the door you want to open for loading? Usually you reach around the cart to open the door and it's a little awkward. Last night, I pressed the button to open the FWD and just put the groceries in. No open door to navigate around. Parents with small kids are going to go nuts on this.

Raining last night & no drama with the doors. As predicted, opening the driver's door caused a lot more rain to come in than getting in under the canopy of an open FWD. I'm not going to say 'no rain', but in comparison to the driver's door? Pfffyt.

Center console - 12v and USB ports. Second row - two USB ports. Frunk - 12v. Maybe more, but that's what I've seen so far.

Air vents: Second row, columns and back of center console. Third row, columns.

I'll take more pics over at the Service Center. Lots of weather here, at least at the Service center, I can be warm & dry while exploring all the new stuff.

Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 8.23.13 AM.png

Love this car!

Give her some space, she just got her car and is dealing with a death, geeez.

still sleeping in her X maybe?

or maybe just sitting in it & making it flap it's wings

Really REALLY felt good to sleep in. Even the pups, who usually wake me around 5 am (food! food! FOOOOOOD!!!) let me sleep in. And you really don't know what a monumental event that is.

I'll get more pics shortly. Coffee is my current priority.

Unexpected bonus of FWD: I stopped on the way home to pick up a few groceries. You know how you usually have to position the shopping cart behind the door you want to open for loading? Usually you reach around the cart to open the door and it's a little awkward. Last night, I pressed the button to open the FWD and just put the groceries in. No open door to navigate around. Parents with small kids are going to go nuts on this.

You may have just discovered the killer app for the FWD!:smile:

Keep them coming.

Really REALLY felt good to sleep in. Even the pups, who usually wake me around 5 am (food! food! FOOOOOOD!!!) let me sleep in. And you really don't know what a monumental event that is.

I'll get more pics shortly. Coffee is my current priority.

I am not so sure who is more starved at 5 am: your dogs or the TMC community. I'm glad you got a sleep in and really appreciate your very practical approach to explaining what you like and I am guessing at some time in the future what you do not like about the Model X. Thanks Bonnie for being you.

Several of the pictures with the doors open (not just on Bonnie's Sig) seem to show that the clearance is rather low. I wonder how convenient these doors are for tall people. I'd hate to get out of the front door only to hit my head on the rear doors...

A friend that was with me is 6'3" and had no problems when fully open. But sure, when they're stopped midpoint, it's not going to give you the same clearance. (And he commented that it was less likely he'd hit his head, since he's hit it more than once on a car body while getting stuff in and out.)

One thing I looked for immediately from a design perspective was sharp corners/edges. There just aren't any. I'll take some pics for you, but everything is rounded and smooth. You may bruise your hard head, but you're not going to cut it. :)

Does the X have interior handles on the A or B pillars for grabbing onto during vehicle ingress/egress, the way many SUVs have? I know elderly passengers would benefit from that. Curious if the X has 'em; haven't seen any photos that show 'em.

Swiveling headlights: LOVED this feature. I purposely got off the freeway an exit early, so I'd have plenty of pitch-black & windy country road to drive. It was really cool to start to turn and have the whole area lit up, rather than just straight ahead. I'd already experienced auto high-beams on loaner Model S, but still love that feature, too.

Bonnie - thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the car. This community is so lucky to have you! Excited to hear your ongoing impressions. Any oohs or aahs from opening the doors when grocery shopping?

My understanding is that you are only keeping the Sig X temporarily and will keep your Founders for Referrals as your long term ride. You mentioned in a post somewhere that you were holding off on configuring your founders X until you had some time with the Sig X. Has anything about your Sig X changed any of your decisions as to how you are going to configure your funders X yet? Have you decided if you're going with the white synthetic leather on your founders X yet, for example?

My understanding is that you are only keeping the Sig X temporarily and will keep your Founders for Referrals as your long term ride. You mentioned in a post somewhere that you were holding off on configuring your founders X until you had some time with the Sig X. Has anything about your Sig X changed any of your decisions as to how you are going to configure your funders X yet? Have you decided if you're going with the white synthetic leather on your founders X yet, for example?

True, Sig 2 is only parked temporarily in my garage (and I'm very focused on keeping it 'brand new' as a result). Founders paint/interior is still up in the air, but this white is stunning. I have a little while to figure out if that changes or not.

Give her some space, she just got her car and is dealing with a death, geeez.

Sorry if this came across wrong. I was simply joking that she was out enjoying the X, which she most certainly deserves to do!! :D

- - - Updated - - -

I know everyone is waiting for more pics ... but wow, it felt great sleeping in :). I'm going to take Sig2 over to the service center this morning to get that missing diffuser bolt replaced (thanks all for noticing). Plus I know they all want to see it.

Couple tidbits - everyone has been wondering about the cooled seats and debating if it's from the bottom or seat bottom and seat back. I heard (and will check) that while the air enters through the bottom cushion, it is distributed throughout the seat. That might explain the discrepancy in answers that have been heard.

Raining last night & no drama with the doors. As predicted, opening the driver's door caused a lot more rain to come in than getting in under the canopy of an open FWD. I'm not going to say 'no rain', but in comparison to the driver's door? Pfffyt.

Center console - 12v and USB ports. Second row - two USB ports. Frunk - 12v. Maybe more, but that's what I've seen so far.

Air vents: Second row, columns and back of center console. Third row, columns.

I'll take more pics over at the Service Center. Lots of weather here, at least at the Service center, I can be warm & dry while exploring all the new stuff.

View attachment 105050

Love this car!

Thanks for the update! So nice of you to share this so quickly with us.

Good news on the ventilated seats, a rather nice option in hot & muggy FL, so it's good to hear that the air is supposed to go up the back cushion as well.

FWD: Honestly, have been getting a bit tired of people saying they are just gimmicks. Wonder how many situations like this one will show them to be so much more convenient. :D

Enjoy the X. :D Must be a bit surreal.

Last edited:
A friend that was with me is 6'3" and had no problems when fully open. But sure, when they're stopped midpoint, it's not going to give you the same clearance. (And he commented that it was less likely he'd hit his head, since he's hit it more than once on a car body while getting stuff in and out.)

One thing I looked for immediately from a design perspective was sharp corners/edges. There just aren't any. I'll take some pics for you, but everything is rounded and smooth. You may bruise your hard head, but you're not going to cut it. :)
Thanks for the clarification. In the picture in post 716 it's nice to see that there's a TON of space. Post 684 and a couple other worried me. I'm 6'4"...

I can totally see myself getting in through the back and hopping over the console rather than opening the driver's door during heavy rain. :)