Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trunk area -

12v on the left side.

The parcel shelf can be in two positions - flush or low. With my suitcase in the back last night, the area was deep enough that it was easily covered with the shelf in the flush position.

Here are three photos showing no shelf, low position, and flush position:

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Since it seems to be "make Bonnie do your bidding" day around here... (err, ask Bonnie nicely and maybe she'll help you out, I meant to say) :)

Bonnie, with the third row seats down, how much space is there behind the second row seats? Enough for two dog crates? Would you mind measuring? In the Model S I cannot fit the two dog crates without folding the second row flat which is the #1 reason why my wife doesn't drive a Tesla, yet. We need to be able to take the kids AND the girls places...

Since it seems to be "make Bonnie do your bidding" day around here... (err, ask Bonnie nicely and maybe she'll help you out, I meant to say) :)

Bonnie, with the third row seats down, how much space is there behind the second row seats? Enough for two dog crates? Would you mind measuring? In the Model S I cannot fit the two dog crates without folding the second row flat which is the #1 reason why my wife doesn't drive a Tesla, yet. We need to be able to take the kids AND the girls places...

Will check later today. I thought someone posted all the measurements, though.

which shelf position is even with the third row folded down?

The low position.

I think what appears from the inside to be moving headlights is actually an additional lamp which turns on with steering wheel movement
Tesla Model S P85 making snow donuts - YouTube you can see in this Bjorn video where one turns on in the direction of the turn.

The X has swiveling headlights as part of one of the options
not sure about cornering lights like many S' have

Trunk area -

12v on the left side.

The parcel shelf can be in two positions - flush or low. With my suitcase in the back last night, the area was deep enough that it was easily covered with the shelf in the flush position.

Here are three photos showing no shelf, low position, and flush position:

Thanks for posting, Bonnie --- that's more trunk area space than I saw in the X being charged by a Tesla employee over Thanksgiving at the Gilroy CA SC.

Congrats on the new vehicle!

Bonnie, once again, congratulations on the delivery of your magnificent Model X. Our OC Tesla group photo says it all: Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip - Page 67

And now, one question: Does the "trunk load floor" cover appear to be capable of supporting heavy objects in either position? An example would be two suitcases sitting on the cover. 40 lbs each for an 80 lb total. Perhaps I should ask my DS this question. Don't try it and possibly bend the "trunk load floor" cover.

(I am avoiding the term "parcel shelf" as it could be confused with the foldable one above the seat backs in Model S: Tesla Model S Parcel Shelf )

Have an enjoyable adventure discovering the practical design features of your Tesla Motors Model X Signature electric vehicle. I look forward to reading your comments after you drive south on a bright sunny day with the sun located above the clear windshield area.

Last edited:
FWD: Honestly, have been getting a bit tired of people saying they are just gimmicks. Wonder how many situations like this one will show them to be so much more convenient. :D

Enjoy the X. :D
Everything new is a gimmick until you have it for awhile and realize it's something that you would never do without if at all possible.