Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox in Aus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a 2023 M3 with no app in toybox. What would be the best way to check if speakers are installed?
Well if we take the comment by @TrevRex as true, you should be able to hear it when doing the lightshow. I'm not sure if anyone else has confirmed the same (presence of speaker, but not used for low speed warning or boombox), so its possible he got a unicorn, or could be mistaken.

Only 'when the vehicle is in Drive, Neutral or Reverse mode.' as it could make it not compliant with the requirements for PWS/AVAS in the US.

There is no mandate or requirement for PWS/AVAS in Australia - yet.
Great timing, the federal government has opened submissions on whether AVAS should be made mandatory in Australia.

If weird UFO sounds from EVs isn't your thing, now's your chance!

Consultation is now open on the potential mandate of life-saving acoustic vehicle alerting systems (AVAS) for light electric vehicles (EVs) in Australia.
This technology allows EVs to produce an external sound, alerting vulnerable road users, including pedestrians and cyclists, to their approach - thereby decreasing the risk of a collision.
This is particularly important for the blind and low-vision community, whose members rely on sound to negotiate the road network independently.
https://minister.infrastructure.gov...-saving-alerting-technology-electric-vehicles
You can have your say at https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/have-your-say/acoustic-vehicle-alerting-systems-electric-vehicles, with submissions closing 26 May 2023

Reactions: moa999
Great timing, the federal government has opened submissions on whether AVAS should be made mandatory in Australia.

If weird UFO sounds from EVs isn't your thing, now's your chance!

You can have your say at https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/have-your-say/acoustic-vehicle-alerting-systems-electric-vehicles, with submissions closing 26 May 2023
Wonder what people think would be the ideal sound to play - not a fan of the UFO sound myself but actually can't think of anything better...

Wonder what people think would be the ideal sound to play - not a fan of the UFO sound myself but actually can't think of anything better...
I would like to get the coconut sound from Monty Python.
However I did visit that federal submissions site and submitted my opinion that adding artificial sound pollution to most cars on road in the next few decades is not a good solution and they should look for other options such as technology to alert drivers if there are people who are in danger of stepping in front of the car.

Reactions: Zogman
From a few posts in FB the $290 refits and the 2023 cars are only getting partial PWS/AVAS.

Yes you get Boombox, and external fart noises
Yes you get reverse warnings.

But seemingly Aus doesn't get the low speed forward driving sounds.

From a few posts in FB the $290 refits and the 2023 cars are only getting partial PWS/AVAS.

Yes you get Boombox, and external fart noises
Yes you get reverse warnings.

But seemingly Aus doesn't get the low speed forward driving sounds.
But also based on a few posts in FB it seems the 2023 ones delivered with Boombox / PWS *do* have low speed forward driving AVAS - it's the retrofitted ones that don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯