Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox is here.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t see a thread already. Apparantly the new China M3s over the past few days are coming with the boom box speaker installed and working. Tesla service centres have confirmed they will retrofit for them in all M3s for free but take that with a pinch of salt.
You beat me to it, literally just seen a couple of vids of this on the Tesla Model 3 UK Owners FB group - was gonna post!

Reactions: Tigermad
Sorry to be ignorant but is the Boombox a capability to play media over an exterior speaker or speakers possibly loudly and possibly when the car is stationary? Or is it just another way of describing a pedestrian warning noise - which as I understand it would be relatively low volume, fixed sound and only when the car is moving at low speed.

Sorry to be ignorant but is the Boombox a capability to play media over an exterior speaker or speakers possibly loudly and possibly when the car is stationary? Or is it just another way of describing a pedestrian warning noise - which as I understand it would be relatively low volume, fixed sound and only when the car is moving at low speed.
It's just the former.. it doesn't replace PWS or horn and really the only thing it has to do with it is it uses the PWS speaker. It apparently also plays inside the car.

'boombox' is fairly descriptive if you think of cars in the 80s with loud speakers that could be heard outside the car.

It's no different to having the stereo on too loud.

It doesn't replace the horn, or PWS, it just happens to use the PWS speaker to route audio, but is otherwise unrelated... it even plays the audio inside the car. I suspect some people think it's actually replacing these things, which would be illegal (ish).