Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brackets to install Aftermarket Speakers in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I used the tweeters as well. I had to remove all the plastic casings from around the tweeter, then I wrapped the edge of the tweeter driver in electrical tape and jammed it in the plastic clips that held the factory tweeter. The fit is very tight, and you have to orient the tweeters just so to get them to fit, but it works and it was quick :)

Thank you for the reply!! How can I get the STL for the in door woofer? I dont have access to PM yet on the forum.

They canceled my ordered due to complexity.......so looking at other avenues right now.

Not sure where you tried to order, I had more complex stuff printed. So far I've always ordered via Craftcloud – 3D Printing & Price Comparison Service by All3DP . I've got too much ongoing in my life to work on this project :/ It's too bad we don't hear from @davitsio anymore, from what I recall he's in Boston area and was waiting for higher temperature to try his latest brackets. Hopefully we'll hear back from him!

I only got to test it for a few seconds before my wife scolded me (kids sleeping), but I guess the fact that she heard me from inside the house means it’s THX certified :)

The million dollar question

@flashflooder is enjoying THX so much, he can't leave his car and reply :D Regardless if it's better or not, I already have the Focal in my hands.

By the time I'm almost done doing full sound deadening (floor, doors, wheels, etc), if nobody reports back on @davitsio brackets, I'll order them from 3d printing company.

If I'm still not happy with the bass, I will likely get a lithium
phosphate Ohmmu battery. This type of battery is much much faster to deliver power to the amplifier than regular acid-lead batteries.

@davitsio any update on how the 8" adapter prototype is working out?

Also, the male connector for the 4" speakers apparently is available as a stand alone connector which would help with making speaker connector cables without 3D printing the housing. A person on, another forum, posted a connector housing part number 1-1534155-1 which is available from most electronic distributors ( Digikey, Mouser and Arrow). I can't tell for sure if the actual crimp pins come with the housing or if you must order them separately.
They are pretty cheap, so I'll order some.
I'm also placing an order for your 4" brackets (thanks).

If you haven’t ordered already, the connector and pins are sold separately. Here are the parts from mouse and some cables I made to connect to BMW speakers (same basket shape, thickness and mounting points) so do not pay attention to the teal connectors as those are BMW specific.

FC359271-8080-43D1-A47A-EF5E03E013EB.jpeg E1A48572-2BA0-4741-9E63-D55C7D0F1982.jpeg FA01BB7A-3E26-4067-AB66-0C5B17D9ADB0.jpeg

If anyone is interested I can make the adapter cables with the proper ends for aftermarket speakers (Infinity, etc.) or for BMW speakers if you want to go that route. I will be starting a new post detailing my upgrade so check that out for that information.

That's odd. I'm having a friend print them out for me out of his home. Each bracket he states are a little over 10hrs a piece. I'll let you know how the come out. I would just try a different shop. Wish you the best man.

I bought a printer Saturday, printer one of the woofer bases and it came out nice. Need to print the top layer now and test fit it in the car. Will keep everyone updated of course.

In case you guys didn't see it, lUtriaNt is reporting about 25% bass improvement by swapping out his 12v battery with a Lithium one. Link below.

These speaker upgrades plus new 12V might be golden ticket.

Replace 12 volt battery

Tesla amp doesn’t have big capacitors unless they are hidden in the subwoofer?!?!

Lithium phosphate batteries deliver power insanely fast compared to 12v. It’s on my todo as well to get one, weight lost ya sure, better bass Ooooh YES!

• Funny
Reactions: Adam3
Was able to get them printed out and installed on the driver side door last night. Wish there was a 3d printed plug though =/

Easier to buy the plug since they already exist. See pictures in post #189. Or go to page 8 like Belanger mentioned to get the product numbers from there to order. If you don’t mind waiting a few days it’s about $3 for the plug and 2 pins and short wires and female spade connectors plus shipping. Or if you don’t want the effort and mind waiting a couple weeks, I am thinking about ordering a bunch of the pins and plugs and offering the adapters for something like $10 ea or $15 a pr.

Status
Not open for further replies.