Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser won’t load any websites after car wakes up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here for the last couple of weeks. All of a sudden (no major software updates that I know of or installed), and overnight the browser is working again. Great! But, now the backup camera is black. =/

Previously I tried a factory reset, which does not work or do anything. Mobile service is (still) scheduled.

S 100D, June 2018 delivery, 2018.21.9.

Other related post: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/browser-frozen.115678/

For a Canadian delivery, March 2018 build, new MCU, 2018.18 software, I find that if the car has been left idle for a while (over an hour say), on return to the car, it is not possible to load any sites in the web browser. Pick a favourite, type in A URL, the browser does nothing.

The other symptom I see is that frequently after waking up, wifi is off, but I didn’t change the setting. The car appears to have decided to switch it off but not back on after waking up.

Maps, Slacker, etc all seem to be fine and LTE signal shows.

Things return to normal after a two scroll-wheel reset until the car sleeps or is idle again for a while.

Has anyone else with a recent vehicle seen these issues and is there a way to reset the browser while driving?
I took delivery on June 2, 2018. Confirmed MCU2. Same problem.

Me too. Took delivery June 22, 2018. P100DL, software 2018.21.9 75bdbc11. Web browser won't load anything after the car has been turned off for a bit. Also the online manual won't load. Rebooting with the two steering wheel thumbwheels corrects the problem then it stays fine until the car is turned off again. I suspect the problem has something to do with switching back and forth between LTE and WiFi, so I forgot all the WiFi APs to force it to use LTE exclusively even when I'm at home, and I haven't seen the problem happen since I did that.

I took delivery in March and it has the new MCU. The browser worked fine for a couple of months. I first noticed the problem with it a couple of updates ago. I don't recall which version. But, now the only way to use the browser is to reboot the car. I submitted a bug report to Tesla but it appears they are already aware of the problem.

Me too. Took delivery June 22, 2018. P100DL, software 2018.21.9 75bdbc11. Web browser won't load anything after the car has been turned off for a bit. Also the online manual won't load. Rebooting with the two steering wheel thumbwheels corrects the problem then it stays fine until the car is turned off again. I suspect the problem has something to do with switching back and forth between LTE and WiFi, so I forgot all the WiFi APs to force it to use LTE exclusively even when I'm at home, and I haven't seen the problem happen since I did that.
I’m going to try your plan of going LTE only and disconnect from all WiFi networks. I know its only been a couple of days but is that still working for you?

Took delivery Saturday MS75 and having the same issue with the browser - white screen, no pages will load, even with full bars for LTE. Release notes don't appear either. Haven't tried the user manual yet.

Browser worked the day of delivery but not since then. Running 2018.18 - no software updates have appeared for me either. Going to SC on Thursday to fix issue with window seal so will try my luck with them on a fix.