Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Busted] Model X configuring in July 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email a couple weeks ago promoting the fact they hit 1 billion miles, but nothing about the event (presumably since there aren't any stops near me). I'm certain Model X won't even be acknowledged let alone shown as part of this tour.

Down boy....

Tesla issued the press release about the next Model S tour just a short while ago; odds-on that it's a follow up to that.

I'll take the bet that it's not that. While acknowledging they did do a press call for a software update, is there anything about the tour that would warrant one? They do these types of events frequently - there was no presser for the double black tour they just had.

Hopefully:
1) Model X
2) Autopilot launch
3) Roadster 3.0 unveil
4) S facelift.
5) something awesome that is promised in a given month that arrives several months later.

In order of preference.

Recall Autopilot testing, Roadster 3.0 certification, and the design studio were said to take place in July.

I'll take the bet that it's not that. While acknowledging they did do a press call for a software update, is there anything about the tour that would warrant one? They do these types of events frequently - there was no presser for the double black tour they just had.
I will be very disappointed if the press conference tomorrow is simply about the contents of today's email. I think it will be about something more significant.

I will be very disappointed if the press conference tomorrow is simply about the contents of today's email. I think it will be about something more significant.

I have the same misplaced confidence as you, my friend. My guesses:

1. Model 3 preliminary intro/discussion.
2. Some sort of managerial shake-up. (This is the kind of thing one announces late "market time" Friday.)
3. Model X update, but not a reveal/release event. In other words, bad news. (Again, late Friday is always solid for this).

Not sure I'm a huge fan of any of my options except #1. But I love being wrong.

Sounds like it's Model X related judging by the lack of info of the press conference beforehand. If Elon wanted to hype it he would have tweeted about the announcement this week. Everything X related has been hush hush since he announced no official reveal. Hoping this will get things moving!

I'm wiling to bet today's presser won't be a Model X reveal. Any takers?
I wouldn't take the bet either. The "about time to unveil the D" tweet and subsequent press was multiplied immensely by the suspense and speculation from the tweet. No way this is how they announce the X reveal/config. Unless, today is to give people more than a week's notice that an event will take place. That may actually permit owners who aren't local to CA to attend.

I still think it's software/autopilot ("the end of range anxiety v2.0").

Confirmed, not about the X....
Untitled.jpg