Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BUY FSD TODAY!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So wait....where did you get that info?

Link?
Autopilot
Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 5.31.01 PM.png

So, for now, drive-on-nav is included with enhanced autopilot. Or am I misinterpreting this somehow?

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Soo...since EVERYTHING ( EAP and FSD and all future features ) require all 8 cameras......then the number of cameras utilized makes no difference in this discussion.
Exactly. So they should take that bit off the website if they haven't already.

In addition, since Elon was likely referring to the use of all the cameras it was probably what he meant in his tweet regarding FSD features in V9.

What will the website say tomorrow or next week.

FSD was available on the website last week...right?
I don't think anyone is denying that the website can change. I'm just saying that currently drive-on-nav is part of EAP. I would feel ripped off if later they decided to charge me more money for it and I don't see any reason to believe that will happen. Has Tesla ever done something like that before?

If Tesla's policies change very quickly....then how do you know where any feature will exist tomorrow? Why are we continuing to use an ever evolving website to determine the future?
The past often determines the future. Tesla's website and it's contents have historically been used in lawsuits against the company.

In this instance the on-ramp to off-ramp bit has been a part of the autopilot promises since the very beginning.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Drive-on-nav makes the most sense in context of EAP for now. But drive-on-nav is enhanced when the other FSD features are present allowing you to actually get to your final destination.

Personally I believe they should get rid of the term EAP.

FSD is the one that has all of the levels to which level 1 includes current EAP features.....and is apparently Teslas current goal.

The quest for all manufacturers is defined in the levels of FSD.....even Cadillacs.

That would eliminate confusion in my opinion.

The past often determines the future. Tesla's website and it's contents have historically been used in lawsuits against the company.

In this instance the on-ramp to off-ramp bit has been a part of the autopilot promises since the very beginning.

The only thing we know about Tesla's past is that their past DOES NOT determine the future.

Tesla's past concerning just about everything can be caught up in the words "ever changing".

Promises? from Tesla? what does the past say to you?

I don't think anyone is denying that the website can change. I'm just saying that currently drive-on-nav is part of EAP. I would feel ripped off if later they decided to charge me more money for it and I don't see any reason to believe that will happen. Has Tesla ever done something like that before?

No....Tesla's website is beyond the term "can change". Tesla's website is ever changing.

I would almost bet my P3D+ that their website WON'T be the same in a month.

Something is going to change about existing features or supercharging or something. AND I think that's great.

Hmmmm….let me think. Air Conditioned seats in the Model S...went away....came back....went away....came back.

Color choices of the model 3?

Air suspension?

Unlimited lifetime Supercharging? $100 credit for supercharging?

Referral prizes?

First time line waiter gifts.....

But who's counting? lol

I was also going to include my P3D+ badging and spoiler....but.....I suppose it hasn't been enough time yet for that to not come about.

The only thing we know about Tesla's past is that their past DOES NOT determine the future.
I love Tesla but have been a number of recurring themes with over promising and under delivering, manufacturing issues (roadster, S, X, and 3), and poor customer service in certain areas and great customer service in other areas. As they grow and try to improve, some things stay the same.

We have to look at the website in terms of when we purchase something. What is being advertised vs what's being delivered. This is where Tesla has lost lawsuits whether that's in horsepower figures or feature timelines.

I love Tesla but have been a number of recurring themes with over promising and under delivering, manufacturing issues (roadster, S, X, and 3), and poor customer service in certain areas and great customer service in other areas. As they grow and try to improve, some things stay the same.

We have to look at the website in terms of when we purchase something. What is being advertised vs what's being delivered. This is where Tesla has lost lawsuits whether that's in horsepower figures or feature timelines.

I’m more certain of Elon being late than the Pope being Catholic.

People who follow Tesla closesly understands this but the new market segments do not.

I think this a strong driver for not preselling things anymore like FSD.

Though all it takes is just one feature to put it back on the menu, and only list functionality as it goes online.

Reactions: JeffK