Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA carpool sticker -- Best to order in November for 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's blue for 2021!

bluedecal-e1608146859706.jpg
Darn! I just received my orange stickers today less than 2 weeks from the end of the year. I wonder if there is anyway to return the orange ones and get blue ones :)

Darn! I just received my orange stickers today less than 2 weeks from the end of the year. I wonder if there is anyway to return the orange ones and get blue ones :)
Doubtful. IIRC, I've seen some verbiage from them (might've been in correspondence w/them) saying basically, once it's been issued stickers, that's it.

If you cared about having an extra year of validity, you should've waited until 1/1/21 or later to mail in your application.

Bill Text - AB-544 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes. says
"(7) Except as provided in subparagraph (B) of paragraph (5), a vehicle shall not be issued a decal, label, or other identifier more than once."

Mine is in the mail today. There is no way they will process before the end of the year, and the "blue" sticker is already announced. Those are the ones that will currently be going out. Usually you can tell when they issue it by the day your check is cashed.

Earlier this year, I was asking about the California carpool/hov stickers, and a lot of people suggested applying in November so that it would arrive in January 2021 and maximize the period that it would be effective for.

Is this still the case? Should I get ready to apply for it Nov 1?

I applied in nov of 2016 and didnt get until feb 2017, for some reason they sent me a renewal in 2020!!! I think it was related to late year application and new year delivery

I got my Model 3 stickers last year about 3 weeks after taking delivery on Dec 24th (yep, I used my paper plate #). I mailed them on the 26th and got the 2020 (orange), not 2019 version, so I think you are safe. But if you want to feel better and mail them out later for pick up on the 2nd, thats cool too.

Reactions: alexcue