Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn’t the program is supposed to ending fairly soon. Why would they spend the time and money this late in the program and so close to end date.
The current burgundy as well we the prior two generation (green and yellow) stickers run through Sept 30 2025. That's a fair bit of time.

• Funny
Reactions: jeremymc7
You can now apply and pay for the decals online! I just did…will report back on how the process goes from here

I submitted the paperwork January 22, 2024. Still waiting. Check has not been cashed.

It will be interesting to see who gets the decal first. You or me.

Here’s the link.

Reactions: mborkow
I submitted the paperwork January 22, 2024. Still waiting. Check has not been cashed.

It will be interesting to see who gets the decal first. You or me.

Here’s the link.

My payment has gone through (paid with Apple Pay and I have a receipt from the DMV)…as awful as it is to say, I bet I get the decals first.

Reactions: Bacalao
My payment has gone through (paid with Apple Pay and I have a receipt from the DMV)…as awful as it is to say, I bet I get the decals first.
I did the online process on Sunday and got this today:

Attachments

• IMG_0744.png
    IMG_0744.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Bacalao and Hiline
If anyone recently sent a check in the mail, I think I’d prob just go ahead and resubmit online…you’ll prob get processed faster that way and when they do get to your mailed in check in a few months they will prob realize your vin has already been assigned decals and not proceed with the paper process

If anyone recently sent a check in the mail, I think I’d prob just go ahead and resubmit online…you’ll prob get processed faster that way and when they do get to your mailed in check in a few months they will prob realize your vin has already been assigned decals and not proceed with the paper process

Totally agree. So I went online just now to apply online and hopefully get the decal now instead of waiting for my paper application that I sent in a month ago to get processed, this happened. Give me a friggin break!!! Get it together DMV!!! I will check it again and hope to get lucky.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 10.41.19 AM.png

Totally agree. So I went online just now to apply online and hopefully get the decal now instead of waiting for my paper application that I sent in a month ago to get processed, this happened. Give me a friggin break!!! Get it together DMV!!! I will check it again and hope to get lucky.

View attachment 1023652
In this day and age, you shouldn’t need downtime for maintenance but even if you do, who schedules downtime in the middle of the work day!?

• Funny
Reactions: Bacalao and Hiline
The new status message on the page reads:
“This application is undergoing scheduled maintenance. It will be available on March 8, 2024. We appreciate your patience. ”

March 8th…that’s a long maintenance window. I think if the app I managed were down that long I’d be fired 7 times.

How are people doing it online? When I enter in VIN and (temp) license plate number, it won't let me go through the process saying this:

Error: This vehicle is not in DMV records.

If you recently purchased the vehicle from a dealership, wait until you receive its registration card before applying for a Clean Air Vehicle Decal.

How are people doing it online? When I enter in VIN and (temp) license plate number, it won't let me go through the process saying this:

Error: This vehicle is not in DMV records.

If you recently purchased the vehicle from a dealership, wait until you receive its registration card before applying for a Clean Air Vehicle Decal.

You can also call the DMV and see if your permanent plate has been assigned yet (ask them what it is of course). That is what is needed to have everything match up.

• Informative
Reactions: TespaceX