Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree. So I went online just now to apply online and hopefully get the decal now instead of waiting for my paper application that I sent in a month ago to get processed, this happened. Give me a friggin break!!! Get it together DMV!!! I will check it again and hope to get lucky.

View attachment 1023652

Per @TespaceX post above, YES the online app is back online. ( 8 day window was a CYA number ) I submitted my app. I already see the payment pending on my bank app. Let's see which app processes first. The hardcopy app from January 22 or this online app today.
Process, Process, Process!!!!

Per @TespaceX post above, YES the online app is back online. ( 8 day window was a CYA number ) I submitted my app. I already see the payment pending on my bank app. Let's see which app processes first. The hardcopy app from January 22 or this online app today.
Process, Process, Process!!!!
The race is on! If you end up with two sets of HOV lane stickers, what are you going to do!?

• Funny
Reactions: Bacalao
I don’t think they will cash your physical check if you have already completed the process once
This is true. I ended up with some miscommunication and stickers in transit and ended up with two sets (the first were presumed lost). Only one set was actually valid. Worked out as I had backups for when my parked car had some bumper damage and needed a repaint.

PS. Don’t sell them.

Reactions: Bacalao
Update
Processed online app 3/5/2023
Today got this email response.

1709773118953.png

Just stuff it in an envelope and send it!!!

Head back to Post #1542 to get the latest info. Apparently still about 3 months.

@mborkow any updates in regards to your online app?
I’m still waiting for mine…the email they sent said 5 business days…but that was days ago. When I check online, it says 21 days…so I guess I’ll keep waiting (I don’t have an escalation path anyway…if they don’t come eventually I guess I can apply for replacements?

Anyone have a recommendation for where to get precut PPF to use under the HOV stickers?
RPM Tesla

Pro Tip
Just use one of the stickers. In the past, DMV sends 4 stickers. One for each corner. On my 2004 Prius and then my 2018 X I only used 1. I never got pulled over.

I place it on the rear right side corner. Think about it. If a cop is going to pull you over, 99.99% of the time, he/she will be approaching looking for the decal from the rear in the HOV lane or a lane to the right of you.

When I get mine, I will mount only one again per the picture attached. On the molding NOT the paint. Theoretically once the Decal expires, with the precut PPF underneath and its placement on the molding will ensure no paint damage. YMMV

IMG_7612.jpeg

Reactions: mborkow
RPM Tesla

Pro Tip
Just use one of the stickers. In the past, DMV sends 4 stickers. One for each corner. On my 2004 Prius and then my 2018 X I only used 1. I never got pulled over.

I place it on the rear right side corner. Think about it. If a cop is going to pull you over, 99.99% of the time, he/she will be approaching looking for the decal from the rear in the HOV lane or a lane to the right of you.

When I get mine, I will mount only one again per the picture attached. On the molding NOT the paint. Theoretically once the Decal expires, with the precut PPF underneath and its placement on the molding will ensure no paint damage. YMMV

View attachment 1029370

EXACTLY! I am always left in awe when I see all these beautiful cars plastered with these stickers. I have never heard of one instance where someone was pulled over for this, or even fined for it when pulled over for something different.

Reactions: mborkow and Bacalao