Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shouldn't Govt. not be in the business of making such decisions and taking sides, eh, Kaivball?!! ;) :tongue:

They shouldn't.

But that doesn't mean I won't take advantage of when they do it it since its my tax dollars.
I don't see the other camp voluntarily paying more taxes than they have to even though they believe that taxes aren't high enough...

You follow the law of the land, right?

:)

But we digress. :) :)

I applied mine but they are much further below.

Below the paint on the plastic parts...

Way below... :)

ru6avuhy.jpg
bu7ady3a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised I haven't seen here mention of SB 286 which would extend the lifetime of the HOV exemption until Jan 1, 2018!
Just passed the Senate - heading to the Assembly.

http://openstates.org/ca/bills/20132014/SB286/

Interestingly, the Assembly counterpart just went out of committee, and it extends the white stickers to 2020! (The green stickers expire in 2018). Does anybody know what happens if this passes? Does it have to pass the senate again, or do they do some magic reconciliation of the bills?

http://openstates.org/ca/bills/20132014/AB266/

It looks like it needs to be read a 3rd time (last time). See: Overview of Legislative Process

Second and Third Reading

Bills passed by committees are read a second time on the floor in the house of origin and then assigned to third reading. Bill analyses are also prepared prior to third reading. When a bill is read the third time it is explained by the author, discussed by the Members and voted on by a roll call vote. Bills that require an appropriation or that take effect immediately, generally require 27 votes in the Senate and 54 votes in the Assembly to be passed. Other bills generally require 21 votes in the Senate and 41 votes in the Assembly. If a bill is defeated, the Member may seek reconsideration and another vote.

Repeat Process in other House

Once the bill has been approved by the house of origin it proceeds to the other house where the procedure is repeated.

Then the Governor does his thing (sign, do nothing or veto). If passed, it goes into law Jan 1st. They still need to do the 3rd reading, which would be early next month (i think they meet every month?).

It looks like it needs to be read a 3rd time (last time). See: Overview of Legislative Process

Then the Governor does his thing (sign, do nothing or veto). If passed, it goes into law Jan 1st. They still need to do the 3rd reading, which would be early next month (i think they meet every month?).

But the question is whether the Assembly will pick up the Senate bill or vice-versa. The Senate passed their version and it's now in committee in the assembly. As you say, the Assembly version is awaiting the third reading. I'm obviously rooting for the Assembly version.