Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my stickers today. (Recap: Mailed application with check on 2/19, cashed 4/4, received stickers 4/6).

Instructions were included, oddly printed on the back of an envelope, within the larger envelope. It was sort of stuck in there and didn't come out with the rest of the stuff, so it would be easy to miss.

Anyone have contact information for DMV on the HOV stickers? I've contacted them repeatedly and they have information on my application at all. I sent in my forms on 2/21 and the check hasn't been cashed yet.

Anyone have contact information for DMV on the HOV stickers? I've contacted them repeatedly and they have information on my application at all. I sent in my forms on 2/21 and the check hasn't been cashed yet.

They say it takes 6 working weeks to get done. So it should be soon. But, I'd send another application and check in just in case :/ I met a sig owner that said they had to apply 3 times.

These stickers and the adhesive behind look nasty! Am waiting till Monday for Lyle at Vinyl Styles, San Carlos to put them on atop bits of PPF.

The eyesores are on now:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365728044.571515.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365728055.784834.jpg

Tesla stopped processing the HOV applications a long time ago, at least a few days before I picked mine up on December 23rd.

I received my stickers about 3 weeks ago, but need to find some scraps of PPF, or I might just mount mine in the rear window and see if I can get away with it. There were zero mounting instructions included with mine, wonder if the judge will take that as a reason not to have them on the bumper? :)

Hmm... I got my car on December 8 and TM send my application in promptly. I guess somewhere inbetween there, they yanked the service. I put one on at the grey part of the bumper, underneath the reflector. Been driving like that for two months now and hold my breath every time I see a trooper...

On the second note... they say ignorance is not a defense... ;-)

Hmm... I got my car on December 8 and TM send my application in promptly. I guess somewhere inbetween there, they yanked the service. I put one on at the grey part of the bumper, underneath the reflector. Been driving like that for two months now and hold my breath every time I see a trooper...

On the second note... they say ignorance is not a defense... ;-)

For what it's worth, I talked to a friend of a friend yesterday who is a CHP officer yesterday , and I showed him the single sticker I have on my rear, right-side window and asked him what he thought. First he said, "It's not supposed to go there. It's supposed to be on the bumper." Then he said he would give a verbal warning if he had pulled me over. I think putting it on the gray plastic part under the reflector should be fine - it is on the bumper, mostly.

I got my stickers on Thursday. The first indication was that my check was cashed by DMV earlier this week, after applying in late February. I still haven't put them on. I am getting an Optiguard done this Wednesday and will talk to my person about his thoughts about putting the stickers on - probably after the Optiguard is done and then with small pieces of clear bra.

I also sent mine on 2/21 and the check was just cashed on Friday 4/19. It takes a full two months to get it through their system.

California: Clean Air Decal taking too long for response

I took delivery of my MS 60 in Feb and received my plates 2 weeks later.
I submitted an EV clean air decal application to the California DMV using the downloaded Form Reg 1000 and sent it off with my $8.00 check to the DMV Special Processing Unit in Sacramento last February 2013. I have not heard from them nor seen a debit of my bank cheque.

I re-submitted again the same application with a new $8 cheque sent to the same address above early this month (April 4, 2013) and I have not heard nor seen any debit of the second cheque.

It has been a total of 80 days since my first application was sent and no action.

Anyone having the same problems with their application?

Below is their address:
mail to: Department of Motor Vehicles
SPECIAL Processing Unit – MS D238
P. O. Box 932345, Sacramento, Ca 94232-345