Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery yesterday of my MY LR. It was really a non event. Got a call from the driver that she was dropping off the car in my driveway. Showed me the how to unlock the car via the app and I proceeded to go through the car very briefly since I was still “on the clock”. Finally got to drive it last night and was instantly blown away. Will be posting a more detailed review of it once I’ve gone thru the checklist. So far, have not seen any real bad panel gaps or interior fitment issues. Interior (white) was a little dirty/dusty but nothing a damp rag wouldn’t fix. Had a slight scratch on the plastic piece of the rear diffuser. Glass and light fitments all look normal. Rear seat was originally not lined up but after fiddling with it, was only due to the recline angle set on the one side. Glad I went with the Gemini wheels since the ride is a little firm as compared to my wife’s X3. Overall, happy so far and would definitely do home delivery again if it was an option. Cheers. Here’s some obligatory smiley shots from the delivery.

Attachments

• B24CEBB5-CCB1-4430-A174-DE56700F72D3.jpeg
    B24CEBB5-CCB1-4430-A174-DE56700F72D3.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 707E3319-582E-4B29-AF21-7898EACC62ED.jpeg
    707E3319-582E-4B29-AF21-7898EACC62ED.jpeg
    606.1 KB · Views: 62
  • D76F7854-0ECF-47EC-B3AA-9285CF7AB8BD.jpeg
    D76F7854-0ECF-47EC-B3AA-9285CF7AB8BD.jpeg
    749.4 KB · Views: 71
I just got my second VIN in my account after refusing delivery on the first on March 8. Passenger door panel was raised about 3/16" from body which made the door look ajar when shut :( .
Ordered Feb 25, VIN 162xxx. Red MultiCoat / black 5 seater with tow hitch and 20" wheels. It says delivery March 28-March 31.

Very excited!

What did they charge? Were you paying by credit card for $50k? If it is financing, don't pay the second payment and get it reversed. If it has to do with your bank, call them and put a stop payment or chargeback request. Should be easy to fix. Seems scary but relax and be patient.
Direct Deposit debit 56k twice. I'm not the only one apparently.
THere's no pending charge it's an instant transfer withdrawal. They still haven't refunded me and didn't give me an ETA just said it could take 5-8 business days so I paid 112k for the TESLA model y.

Just took delivery yesterday of my MY LR. It was really a non event. Got a call from the driver that she was dropping off the car in my driveway. Showed me the how to unlock the car via the app and I proceeded to go through the car very briefly since I was still “on the clock”. Finally got to drive it last night and was instantly blown away. Will be posting a more detailed review of it once I’ve gone thru the checklist. So far, have not seen any real bad panel gaps or interior fitment issues. Interior (white) was a little dirty/dusty but nothing a damp rag wouldn’t fix. Had a slight scratch on the plastic piece of the rear diffuser. Glass and light fitments all look normal. Rear seat was originally not lined up but after fiddling with it, was only due to the recline angle set on the one side. Glad I went with the Gemini wheels since the ride is a little firm as compared to my wife’s X3. Overall, happy so far and would definitely do home delivery again if it was an option. Cheers. Here’s some obligatory smiley shots from the delivery.
Hello! Can you take a photo of your headlights?? Whats your last few digits of your vin? From the photo it kind of looks like you got the updated headlights

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Hey all!
First time poster long time ghost follower and can’t thank you enough for the wealth of information I’ve gathered to nudge me into my 2021 MY AWD I received yesterday.. That said, wanted to throw some things on the radar so you don't have the same negative experience.

For CVAP folks: **Make sure you see the CVAP Grant applied before payment! They had my signed info, all correct docs and everything for over a month and never applied it after multiple reminders, tried to get me to pay online and accept delivery before they “retroactively” applied it? Which is the exact opposite of the nature of the grant? Was very skeptical of this practice. They parked the car outside of my house at 9:30am and didn’t apply the grant until 1:00pm that afternoon, therefore the MY was locked outside my house staring at me in all it’s glory with no way of unlocking it until the finance team tied up loose ends. They then reset the financing and ran my credit a total of three times in one day. I now have 3 hard pulls on my credit for the financing. Very frustrating morning to say the least. They offered to come pick up the car to have it washed as a courtesy even though they forgot to wash it in the first place?

Conditions: White interior was covered in dirty finger prints, hair on both front seats and makeup smudged on the center console.. could see this just looking inside the car from the window. The rear solo bench seat is misaligned, there was a scratch on the front bumper that will be easily removed and otherwise the exterior was dusted with our trademark LA sediment. Functionally everything works as expected with no visible panel gaps either.

Reactions: Consult
Took delivery for my Y 3/26 finally. From Buena Park. Lots of issues ranging from panel misalignment (not a huge deal) to a broken passenger seat I think it's off a rail on one side, grinding when turning and braking at slow speeds (very big deal). My car also didn't have the second panel in the trunk that covers the storage space........

Pretty disappointed with my experience. 2 weeks after my original delivery date and they somehow overlooked multiple glaring issues in quality and functionality.

• Informative
Reactions: bluenycom
Took delivery for my Y 3/26 finally. From Buena Park. Lots of issues ranging from panel misalignment (not a huge deal) to a broken passenger seat I think it's off a rail on one side, grinding when turning and braking at slow speeds (very big deal). My car also didn't have the second panel in the trunk that covers the storage space........

Pretty disappointed with my experience. 2 weeks after my original delivery date and they somehow overlooked multiple glaring issues in quality and functionality.
what was your VIN?

Just curious, was refusing not an option for you. I’d have ran away and asked for a new VIN. EOQ pretty sure they could find another especially in California.

Was pretty happy with my Y. Gaps pretty even all around. Just the charger port slightly proud. I did find a paint issue on the rear driver side door when I got home. Hoping it’s an easy fix. Though I worry it’s a clear coat problem. VIN 159xxx