Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text from Tesla stating “we’re currently looking at October delivery.”

Originally got a text on 9/2 stating 2-4 weeks.

Ordered 9/1, LR, white/white, induction wheels, no FSR, no tow. Delivery at Cost Mesa.

I am Guessing that there are higher margin FSD models that Tesla wants to deliver before non FSD or EAP optioned models before the 3rd quarter end.
I would stand prepared for a an early October delivery.
I ordered almost the same configuration, but with FSD on 8/31 and picked it up in Irvine last week.
BTW , I would grab an EAP upgrade at $4K a good practical option.

So, ordered yesterday... white/white/19”/tow. Just got a text from Tesla saying:

Esign the paperwork and your car will be delivered. You don’t have to be home and we’ll text you when it has been dropped off.

VIN is 57xxx

Praying this is not a rejected car...

45E6F4A1-E648-4442-BBFF-8D7C119549B0.gif

Last edited:
Just picked up my LR at the Dublin showroom (ordered 8/23)
Was very nervous but the closer I got the better it looked! No paint issues at all (and I’m super OCD).
No panel gap issues and only a couple of minor interior rubber trim details to call for a fix.
Overall super happy with the finish, not at all what I expected. There were literally lots full of cars waiting to be shuffled into the pick up spots at this location. The delivery process was seamless, they texted the spot # it’s was on before hand and called this morning to confirm again it was ready for me. We could look around it before even checking in and it was unlocked so could try everything out. Perfect process to make up for the lack of customer service along the way.

Attachments

• 716A9962-A367-4B0C-8F8B-5988140DDFC6.jpeg
    716A9962-A367-4B0C-8F8B-5988140DDFC6.jpeg
    778.2 KB · Views: 43
  • B71D9930-7B83-4AB8-A544-B0151C56F309.jpeg
    B71D9930-7B83-4AB8-A544-B0151C56F309.jpeg
    676.2 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Ormond
Got text that new scheduled delivery date for ... today Sept 26 and to confirm by 3pm for priority, Bay Area. Straight out of factory for home delivery. VIN 588XX

text at 10:46a and i took delivery at 1:45p. Of note they had an intern drive the car to me. Like a physical person drives it and they take Uber back for those of you who were talking about a trailer on your street dropping it off.

ordered 8/11 MYP White/black no hitch no FSD.

Clearly, the closer to Fremont, the later the build/delivery.

I’m in San Jose

Got text that new scheduled delivery date for ... today Sept 26 and to confirm by 3pm for priority, Bay Area. Straight out of factory for home delivery. VIN 588XX

text at 10:46a and i took delivery at 1:45p. Of note they had an intern drive the car to me. Like a physical person drives it and they take Uber back for those of you who were talking about a trailer on your street dropping it off.

ordered 8/11 MYP White/black no hitch no FSD.

I’m in San Jose

This is why I’m nervous. Yours is 588XX, mine is 571XX. I’m going to lay down in the driveway and not let them in until I look it over LOL (...seriously)

I was on the my account looking for accessories to buy and saw a delivery date for 9/30. I'm in SoCal.

- Ordered 9/17: White/Black LR w/ Gemini wheels. SA said it should show up in December. Account showed an estimated delivery in 6-10 weeks.
- Changed order 9/24: Changed Gemini wheels to Induction wheels and added the tow package. Account showed an estimated delivery in 5-9 weeks.
- 9/26: Account shows estimated delivery 9/30 for Buena Park. Got the text to confirm my trade-in and loan info.

VIN: 59xxx

I'm kind of scrambling at the moment to get everything together because I was anticipating the car showing up the end of November, early December....:eek:

I was on the my account looking for accessories to buy and saw a delivery date for 9/30. I'm in SoCal.

- Ordered 9/17: White/Black LR w/ Gemini wheels. SA said it should show up in December. Account showed an estimated delivery in 6-10 weeks.
- Changed order 9/24: Changed Gemini wheels to Induction wheels and added the tow package. Account showed an estimated delivery in 5-9 weeks.
- 9/26: Account shows estimated delivery 9/30 for Buena Park. Got the text to confirm my trade-in and loan info.

VIN: 59xxx

I'm kind of scrambling at the moment to get everything together because I was anticipating the car showing up the end of November, early December....:eek:

welcome to the club! I was doing the same scrambling... wasn’t expecting for another 5 weeks. See my sig. LOL

Last edited:
So.... they just pulled into my driveway. I refused delivery. Here’s the issues with the exterior (didn’t bother looking inside:
  1. 2 red sticky tape arrows on the hood pointing to large chips like something was dropped on it.
  2. Missing paint on the A-pillar clear as day.
  3. Rear hatch was so off where it meets the roof on the drivers side it was sticking up higher than the roof glass and on the passenger side it was contacting the bumper.
  4. Both front doors where they meet the rear doors were almost touching with huge gaps by the front fenders.
  5. Rear bumper where it meets the tail light was disconnected. We tried pushing it in but no go.
  6. Large scrapes down to the metal on the A-pillar.
  7. The rear hatch at the bumper had a collection of black specs UNDER the paint and several areas touched up (poorly)
The guy who delivered it was really nice and was actually mortified when I pointed these things out. He immediately called the factory and put me on speakerphone with a friendly guy who apologized up and down and said I had 2 choices: refuse and try to match with another car in a day or two. Or refuse delivery. The employee who dropped it off said this was his 12th and final delivery for the day and many were an hour from the factory. He was exhausted and said this was his first day doing this and that he was actually a software guy. Before he left he asked the fellow on the phone “should I bring it back to the tent where I got it?”

UGH

• Helpful
Reactions: Wrcthree
So.... they just pulled into my driveway. I refused delivery. Here’s the issues with the exterior (didn’t bother looking inside:
  1. 2 red sticky tape arrows on the hood pointing to large chips like something was dropped on it.
  2. Missing paint on the A-pillar clear as day.
  3. Rear hatch was so off where it meets the roof on the drivers side it was sticking up higher than the roof glass and on the passenger side it was contacting the bumper.
  4. Both front doors where they meet the rear doors were almost touching with huge gaps by the front fenders.
  5. Rear bumper where it meets the tail light was disconnected. We tried pushing it in but no go.
  6. Large scrapes down to the metal on the A-pillar.
  7. The rear hatch at the bumper had a collection of black specs UNDER the paint and several areas touched up (poorly)
The guy who delivered it was really nice and was actually mortified when I pointed these things out. He immediately called the factory and put me on speakerphone with a friendly guy who apologized up and down and said I had 2 choices: refuse and try to match with another car in a day or two. Or refuse delivery. The employee who dropped it off said this was his 12th and final delivery for the day and many were an hour from the factory. He was exhausted and said this was his first day doing this and that he was actually a software guy. Before he left he asked the fellow on the phone “should I bring it back to the tent where I got it?”

UGH

Stuff like this concerns me. My MY is coming much sooner than expected so there is some thought maybe it is a reject car, but then I feel some reassurance as the VIN I got was pretty high (59xxx).

Just got my VIN today (showing delivery @ Serramonte Monday). 550x, ordered 9/1.

For final payment it's asking me to make the payment online - can I just bring a check or is there some reason it's asking for an online payment?
Yes just being your check book - I did that today and they didn’t blink an eye. Just ignore thank Bank I for part online but esign the purchase agreement

Took delivery yesterday.... some panel gap issue on the rear hatch, and rear door trim is not aligned. Also driver window misaligned, not flush on the top edge with the weather stripping. Scheduled a service appointment for 2 week of October. Overall, very impressed with the car, just a little irritated.... Driving it removes those feelings though.

I don’t have enough posts to add pictures... but we’ve all seen the issues.

VIN: 53xxx