Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered almost same build as you but with tow hitch on 10/1... Completed everything and still no vin or any contact from Tesla.

I'm not surprise he said December, they usually push most of the California or West Coast orders towards the end of each quarter. Some people are getting theirs here and there. Just hope they get to yours before then. I don't mind waiting and hoping they release more upgrades by December, like hepa, new center console, and usb glovebox.
Our SC advisor did tell us that we had ‘missed the previous delivery window’ and the next one would be around late November/December. So, this totally jibes with the end of quarter delivery arrangement.

Thanks for the feedback, I’m also not in a huge rush and would love to get the glovebox USB. It looks like we both will probably get the double pane glass windows. I just don’t want to push it too far and miss the PGE rebate or the 2k incentive application deadline. Plus I’m sick of buying gas for my current SUV..Hope we both get some extra goodies on our MYs

tried to apply for the CA EV rebate but can’t yet because Tesla hasn’t applied for 2021 models yet. Ugh.

have to wait till it gets added to qualified vehicle list, which shows only 2020 models at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback, I’m also not in a huge rush and would love to get the glovebox USB. It looks like we both will probably get the double pane glass windows. I just don’t want to push it too far and miss the PGE rebate or the 2k incentive application deadline. Plus I’m sick of buying gas for my current SUV..Hope we both get some extra goodies on our MYs

Funny I just got a text from my advisor today, telling me to make sure I complete all outstanding task in my tesla account within the next 72 hours so they can match a vin for me. Also text message says that it will be most likely a December delivery.

I too don't mind waiting for those sweet updates but going through the loan application if it expires within 60 days would be so annoying grrr. I also have an inkling that those updates will show up next quarter and not for us (most likely) December deliveries...

I read some where that Tesla extended that 60 days?... Or is that now over? Also from the text I received today. Sound like mine will be a December delivery.

Last edited:
Ordered on 10/23 LR White MY FSD No Tow 20"
Vin assigned 10/28 68,8xx
I'm in the Bay Area.

Was surprised - currently own a SR+ Model 3, been debating the larger cargo room and longer range, especially with the FSD price increasing coming. Hoping to take a trip up to Oregon over the thanksgiving break and the longer range/seating/cargo will help.

Had a SA reach out a few times over the last few months asking me to upgrade to a newer Model 3 or Y...but as we all know Tesla trade in is crap. Hoping that Carvana will do the $35K to buy my SR+.

Now just gotta play the waiting game! Hoping to get a delivery at least 4-5 days b4 the trip so I can squeeze in my front PPF appointment.

I'm in the Bay Area.

Was surprised - currently own a SR+ Model 3, been debating the larger cargo room and longer range, especially with the FSD price increasing coming. Hoping to take a trip up to Oregon over the thanksgiving break and the longer range/seating/cargo will help.

Had a SA reach out a few times over the last few months asking me to upgrade to a newer Model 3 or Y...but as we all know Tesla trade in is crap. Hoping that Carvana will do the $35K to buy my SR+.

Now just gotta play the waiting game! Hoping to get a delivery at least 4-5 days b4 the trip so I can squeeze in my front PPF appointment.
Congrats on getting your VIN quickly. It seems like higher priced cars are getting some priority. Do you mind sharing who is doing your PPF?

I'm in the Bay Area.

Looks like we're about a few MY apart! Congrats!

I got quotes from OCDetailing and Stealth Labs and leaning towards the ladder.

Reactions: Mandolectric
I think the PGE $800 rebate expires 12/31/2020. The CA CVRP incentive seems fuzzy, limited by available rebate funds

yep .. just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a hard date on the CVRP. I've been looking at the funding off and on this year and should have kept track so I could try and see a trend but I didn't. I think I expected to have gotten my Tesla by now..

If it was only Teslas using the rebate we'd only have ~37,000 more rebates before funding ran out.. hopefully it lasts through the next four months or so.

If you're ordering a 3 - good luck getting it in time for Xmas. Or perhaps -- be ready to accept it the week after Xmas. One of the sales advisors in Sacramento told me the 3's have short delivery estimates to get the reservations in the bag. But Elon fulfills all 3 orders for Europe first -- then US customers come next. They'll push the US orders as far out as possible, but if the car comes off the assembly line the last week or two of the quarter, Tesla will do somersaults to try and coerce you into taking delivery before the quarter is out.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me in Q3. Ordered the car middle of July with a 4 week delivery estimate. They contacted me the last week of September pleading with me to take the car, after I had started looking at other EV's because of the delivery delays.

I'm going with Dynamic Detailing down in SJ. There's def cheaper, but less reputable shops. Was originally thinking Satin clear for the entire car but $7K just seems absolutely wild. I've paint corrected and ceramic coated DIY my current black Model 3 and it wasn't too bad. Went with about $2K for a front/side mirror PPF and I figure I'll just ceramic coat it myself - mostly doing the front based on my experience with my model 3 where the front has def picked up rock chips and what not (3-4 trips down to socal 3-4 trips up to Tahoe in the last year).

Just got a text about delivery date as 10/31 tentatively. Definitely surprised. NOTE: the email says that if I Miss this delivery window that the next window is December. Interesting.

I'm going with Dynamic Detailing down in SJ. There's def cheaper, but less reputable shops. Was originally thinking Satin clear for the entire car but $7K just seems absolutely wild. I've paint corrected and ceramic coated DIY my current black Model 3 and it wasn't too bad. Went with about $2K for a front/side mirror PPF and I figure I'll just ceramic coat it myself - mostly doing the front based on my experience with my model 3 where the front has def picked up rock chips and what not (3-4 trips down to socal 3-4 trips up to Tahoe in the last year).

Just got a text about delivery date as 10/31 tentatively. Definitely surprised. NOTE: the email says that if I Miss this delivery window that the next window is December. Interesting.
Congrats! You beat me by a day again, haha. Good luck with your pickup and inspection. Hoping all goes well so I can take it in for PPF on Monday.