Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to hear, I also got my MSM 19" coming in this Saturday to Orange County, might be on the same truck!

They're still shipping cars south from Fremont non-stop. I live really close to I5, I like to take my wife's model 3 out for spins around town and sometimes I cruise I5 north for a bit. I've been doing this all year long. When I did that this last weekend, after driving for about 20 mins and I *didn't* see a truck loaded with Teslas, I thought it would be the first time *all year* that I didn't see at least one truck during the brief time I am on the freeway .. but right before my off ramp to head back to the house, I did finally see a truck. So .. still 100% that any time I have been on I5 this year I have seen a truck carrying teslas. In fact a lot of the time I see more than one truck, that's how many are constantly heading south.

Its been mostly S, X and Y these days but during September it was all 3s and Ys.

Ordered 9/28 (Blue Black , FSD, 19 in)

9/30 - 2020 VIN assigned. Too early as I wanted it around Oct 22 so rejected VIN.
10/5 - 2020 VIN assigned. Rejected too early and its a 2020 VIN.
10/15 - 2020 VIN assigned. Rejected as its a 2020 VIN.
10/20 - 2021 VIN assigned (666xx). Made full payment. Not sure if its in factory or in Burbank CA for pickup on 10/22. LOL !!

Ordered 9/28 (Blue Black , FSD, 19 in)

9/30 - 2020 VIN assigned. Too early as I wanted it around Oct 22 so rejected VIN.
10/5 - 2020 VIN assigned. Rejected too early and its a 2020 VIN.
10/15 - 2020 VIN assigned. Rejected as its a 2020 VIN.
10/20 - 2021 VIN assigned (666xx). Made full payment. Not sure if its in factory or in Burbank CA for pickup on 10/22. LOL !!

Can you explain why they keep assigning you 2020 VINs? Didn't you tell them that you wanted 2021s ??

I'm in socal orange county as well. I ordered 10/12, 2020 VIN assigned 10/18, then 10/19 scheduled for pickup text received. I called them and told them to reject as I wanted 2021. So now the VIN is removed and awaiting a 2021 VIN.

Can you explain why they keep assigning you 2020 VINs? Didn't you tell them that you wanted 2021s ??

I'm in socal orange county as well. I ordered 10/12, 2020 VIN assigned 10/18, then 10/19 scheduled for pickup text received. I called them and told them to reject as I wanted 2021. So now the VIN is removed and awaiting a 2021 VIN.
I did tell them but the SAs have no control. Assignment happens to wait listers irrespective of what year they want.

Hello Y’all! New to forum and site:

Ordered 10/16/20-completed all papers except payment, awaiting final payment options.
VIN-10/19/20 evening
MY/White/BlkInt/Induct20/LR/no hitch or added accessories

emailed SA today to change my VIN cause it has a superstition number I don’t like “666” on it!!! Now I’ve ask for new VIN assignments hopefully lucky to get another in the next few days without any of the number in sequence! Call me weird or superstitious, I just couldn’t have that. IN number on me!!! Stay safe y’all!!!

New to forum.

Ordered a while back but didn't complete all paperwork until 10/19.

Called in earlier today to check on status and make sure everything is in order but found out that the order has been placed as ineligible until 2021 so they just removed it and hopefully I'll hear back in a month.

Hi all! I My wife and I just placed our order on a LR MY with 20" induction wheels, black interior with no tow and no FSD on Wednesday. We test drove the car back in July and had our order placed as ineligible since we wanted to wait for a 2021 VIN.

We've finalized our financing and waiting for our VIN now. I know Tesla usually delivers in California in the last month of the quarter, but according to the Teslike spreadsheet, it looks like a few folks who order earlier in October received delivery already. I'm guessing delivery is random?

We're hoping to take delivery before EOY to take advantage of the $800 PG&E rebate that's going away at the end of the year.

Picked mine up today at Burbank SC. Honestly it was perfect as can be. Had a mark on frunk, that they rubbed out on the spot. Back seats worked perfectly. Paint looked good. Gaps were consistent. If I was real picky, drivers back door was slightly off line with back panel. Door closed perfectly, I’m happy. Rear lights lined up nicely.
Only complaint back of back seats were very dusty. I’ll take that.

Picked mine up today at Burbank SC. Honestly it was perfect as can be. Had a mark on frunk, that they rubbed out on the spot. Back seats worked perfectly. Paint looked good. Gaps were consistent. If I was real picky, drivers back door was slightly off line with back panel. Door closed perfectly, I’m happy. Rear lights lined up nicely.
Only complaint back of back seats were very dusty. I’ll take that.

Burbank is also my SC. They delivered my 2019 Model 3 at my home last year. Great exp.

Picked up my 64xxx VIN today at the Costa Mesa center. Great experience, the car was fully unlocked and accessible and the delivery advisor gave me as much time as I wanted to check over the car before making my final payment and taking the vehicle.

Reactions: sleepies