Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up today. Only a couple issues. The rear seats were pretty stiff and wouldn’t go down via the trunk buttons so the tech came around and fixed it within 20 min. Also, my left rocker guard was slight misaligned so I set up a mobile service appt to come on Monday to work on it. All in all, after scrutinizing it for about an hour and change, I’m super pleased and pleasantly surprised with how the build quality came out.

Lastly, a Tesla associate said that the year free of supercharging would kick in on Jan 1 and would be updated via your Tesla app so just a heads up for folks inquiring.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. James
Pleasantly surprised to get a text this morning indicating my Model Y will be produced in the next 1-2 days, with pickup appointment set for 12/28 in Dublin, CA. Still no VIN, but account detail on Tesla.com confirms the appointment.

Text also confirmed the 1 year free Supercharging for pickups by 12/31. So very excited!
Got my VIN, noticed in account detail, no email or text. I estimate this came in right inside of the 36-24 hours prior to my pickup appointment. So excited for Monday!

Reactions: Mr. James
Does anyone know what would happen if we reject or can't accept delivery this close to the end of the quarter. I'm stuck in a bind with my mortgage refi who say they are closing in 5 days, but that is obviously a little after our delivery (Tuesday). Along with the potential build issues that could be present on the car. If we can't accept are we just screwed out of a MY until Feb/March?

SA just contacted me, he said Tesla does only ACH Transfer with the downpayment, no personal check. Should I do ACH Transfer or argue with him :)
Currently Tesla only allows the vehicle initial order fee (non-refundable $100 fee) to be made via a credit card.

Ordering a New Tesla

Final payment is accepted via:
  • Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account (Note: this is the automated clearing house (ACH) debit payment option currently processed via Plaid.)
  • Wire transfer (This is not ACH, your bank or brokerage will wire money to Tesla's bank; there will probably be a significant (i.e. greater than $25 fee for the transfer.) The wire transfer option must be set up several days in advance of when the payment is to be made.)
  • Personal or cashier’s check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line (Check with the SA but Tesla will probably accept your personal check, Tesla will accept a cashier's check from any major bank. (You want to use a cashier's check over a personal check because the cashier's check does not expose your checking account number.)
Note: Credit Cards are only accepted for the initial order fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred42
Currently Tesla only allows the vehicle initial order fee (non-refundable $100 fee) to be made via a credit card.

Ordering a New Tesla

Final payment is accepted via:
  • Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Personal or cashier’s check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line
Note: Credit Cards are only accepted for the initial order fee.
Once you have a vin are you then able to login to your account to pay the balance via electronic check? I’m guessing this option doesn’t appear until the above condition is met. Is that correct?