Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Call for donations for Port Angeles High-Powered Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! I'm happy to report no additional donations are necessary as I received the following from my contact in Port Angeles:

"The Charger is fully installed. I am now working through signing up for the utility account billed to my Department. As soon as that is doing it will be turned on. It may be ready for its initial run as early as tomorrow afternoon...It is important to point out that we are still working on signage, green markings, and enforcement approach. The space itself as I mentioned before is reverse in angled parking. The charger is located on the passenger side of the vehicle if you reverse in. The cord, however, is more than adequate to reach anywhere in the space. I suppose it is important to point out that the Charger is located on Oak Street mid-block between Railroad Avenue and Front Street...We are looking forward to getting some EV visits in the near future!"

I will be adding the station to Recargo as soon as I have an address for the charger. Additionally, I will post here when the charger is actually energized. Thanks to everyone who helped in this project!

I'm guessing about here:
http://binged.it/177vcPJ

PortAngelesChargerLocationGuess.png

Great work, buzzbuzz. I'm thinking of taking my grandsons out to Kalaloch next week, so the timing is perfect. Can anyone recommend a good place to have lunch (with kids) near the station?

I hear great things about First Street Haven at 107 E 1st Street.
The most awesome breakfast and lunch I've had in town is the Chestnut Cottage but it would be quite a hike from the station and it isn't kid oriented. Its at 929 E Front Street.

Hello all! I can confirm that the Port Angeles charger is OPERATIONAL!!!!! Thanks to all who helped in this venture. It has been added to Recargo...see this link:EV Charging Location - Esplanade Street Parking - Port Angeles, WA

Additionally, for clarification, the address that has been assigned to the charger is 220 N. Oak Street, Port Angeles, WA. I'll make that update to the Recargo listing in the near future. Happy charging, everyone...and enjoy the Peninsula!

Hello all! I can confirm that the Port Angeles charger is OPERATIONAL!!!!! Thanks to all who helped in this venture. It has been added to Recargo...see this link:EV Charging Location - Esplanade Street Parking - Port Angeles, WA

Additionally, for clarification, the address that has been assigned to the charger is 220 N. Oak Street, Port Angeles, WA. I'll make that update to the Recargo listing in the near future. Happy charging, everyone...and enjoy the Peninsula!

Excellent! Thanks so much for your work on this project.

Successfully charged at the new Port Angeles charger today. It's right by the water, adjacent to the new esplanade; walking distance from some shops on the waterfront and the Victoria ferry terminal. The cable is probably long enough to reach the adjacent spot as well.
charging_PA.jpg
Dash_small_PA.jpg

Successfully charged at the new Port Angeles charger today. It's right by the water, adjacent to the new esplanade; walking distance from some shops on the waterfront and the Victoria ferry terminal. The cable is probably long enough to reach the adjacent spot as well.
Thanks for info and photo. Sure hope some knucklehead doesn't hook up and then hop on a ferry for a day in Victoria.

Thanks for the update! I haven't been able to get out there yet and use it myself, so it is great to see that it is working as planned. Thanks, again, to everyone who helped with this project!

Also noteworthy is that it's a full 240V output, not 208V like many high power stations.

Absolutely! I definitely wanted to make sure we were drawing the full 240, so glad to see that is what they did!

- - - Updated - - -

You are right. It is on Recargo but not Plugshare.

Hmmm...I thought plugshare and recargo merged, so I would have assumed that putting it on one would put it on the other. I'll have to fix this problem.