Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Canada] Model 3 - Status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone has any updates on this. It's been pretty quiet for the past couple of weeks (I assume because of the new assembly of the line).

Here's my knowledge on what's going on without having any inside information:

• We've spotted a AWD model in the wild
• Our "premium" models on our delivery estimators all got pushed up to mid 2018
• Vancouver and Toronto both have demo vehicles in respective stores
• Looks like the US is slowing down in deliveries to hopefully not go over 200K at the end of a quarter
• The model 3 is now showing as an electric vehicle on a government website, however is not listed on the EVIP Ontario program yet

I'm guessing Tesla is going to try and make as much money as possible while playing the 200K game, so I'm assuming Canada is going to get invites soon? That being said, are we going to expect another staff, owners west to east deal or would they skip ahead a bit like they did the past couple of invites to the US based on capacity at local stores?

The process will mirror the states. Employees first followed by owners, and then line waiters.

The good news is that they don't manufacture here or have any other companies, so employees will be limited to store staff (hope they don't buy to flip the cars).

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on this. It's been pretty quiet for the past couple of weeks (I assume because of the new assembly of the line).

Here's my knowledge on what's going on without having any inside information:

• We've spotted a AWD model in the wild
• Our "premium" models on our delivery estimators all got pushed up to mid 2018
• Vancouver and Toronto both have demo vehicles in respective stores
• Looks like the US is slowing down in deliveries to hopefully not go over 200K at the end of a quarter
• The model 3 is now showing as an electric vehicle on a government website, however is not listed on the EVIP Ontario program yet

I'm guessing Tesla is going to try and make as much money as possible while playing the 200K game, so I'm assuming Canada is going to get invites soon? That being said, are we going to expect another staff, owners west to east deal or would they skip ahead a bit like they did the past couple of invites to the US based on capacity at local stores?
The invites to Canada are here. Got mine today but no AWD.

Saw that. Looks like it's only owners (i'm guessing you're one?)

I'm waiting for AWD too. Guess it'll be a couple weeks?

It still shows Mid-2018 in the configurator for Canada. I'm debating back and forth if it's worth waiting for AWD and potentially missing out on the $14k rebate if it disappears by then. RWD owners swear by their S' in the snow with snow tires so it's hard to ignore that. Might just pull the trigger on RWD once I get my trade-in estimate back from Tesla.

Reactions: SmartElectric
It still shows Mid-2018 in the configurator for Canada. I'm debating back and forth if it's worth waiting for AWD and potentially missing out on the $14k rebate if it disappears by then. RWD owners swear by their S' in the snow with snow tires so it's hard to ignore that. Might just pull the trigger on RWD once I get my trade-in estimate back from Tesla.
So we are in the same boat. I enjoy my Model S so much I want to get rid of my other car which is an ICE. I can’t get to Toronto for another 10 days to have a look at the one in the showroom......which is not good because that may cause me not to wait.

So we are in the same boat. I enjoy my Model S so much I want to get rid of my other car which is an ICE. I can’t get to Toronto for another 10 days to have a look at the one in the showroom......which is not good because that may cause me not to wait.

The 3 at the Yorkdale showroom still isn't back from getting repaired. I called today and they confirmed they don't know when it will be returning.

Red's been taken rapture with Invite Glow. ;)

Haha, I know the feeling!

If a new government is form (PC) in Ontario they may cancel the EV rebates.

Ok, that's what I thought you were getting at. It's an expensive gamble to wait until the election time. There's also rumours circulating by people who have tipsters at Tesla saying AWD will be delayed until Late 2018 again. I've heard it from two people with "friends" so far.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
The 3 at the Yorkdale showroom still isn't back from getting repaired. I called today and they confirmed they don't know when it will be returning.

Haha, I know the feeling!

Ok, that's what I thought you were getting at. It's an expensive gamble to wait until the election time. There's also rumours circulating by people who have tipsters at Tesla saying AWD will be delayed until Late 2018 again. I've heard it from two people with "friends" so far.
Okay, so I guess I will have to make a decision or gamble. I think we will hear many things about the AWD over the next few weeks.