Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I went to Tesla today in Richmond, BC and they checked my order number and told me my MYP will be Shanghai made since I ordered right before they switched...so there goes my white interior. I am slightly disappointed but it is what it is. There is actually a grey MYP that just show up in Surrey, BC if someone is interested.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
Well I went to Tesla today in Richmond, BC and they checked my order number and told me my MYP will be Shanghai made since I ordered right before they switched...so there goes my white interior. I am slightly disappointed but it is what it is. There is actually a grey MYP that just show up in Surrey, BC if someone is interested.
Did they have to change your order for you? Seems odd it would be automatic since it’s a diff interior colour.

I’d call back and make sure whatever order is in the system actually gets you a vehicle. I worry that because your combination doesn’t exist that you won’t get anything assigned.

So I did just that today, my order is in there and I just told them to switch to black interior. They confirmed again they are not making white interior so black is the only way. For me not a deal breaker but I understand why someone would be upset. The agent confirmed my spot still in line...now just keep on waiting. Too bad no HW4 though, but I am leasing so I am ok with it.

Reactions: usedtodrvaJCW
So I did just that today, my order is in there and I just told them to switch to black interior. They confirmed again they are not making white interior so black is the only way. For me not a deal breaker but I understand why someone would be upset. The agent confirmed my spot still in line...now just keep on waiting. Too bad no HW4 though, but I am leasing so I am ok with it.
Ah good - sounds like it is all in order!

Hey all, first post, been following the forums since I placed my order.

Ordered a MYP

Order Date: May 5
ED1: May-June
ED2: June 15-30
ED3: June 28-30
ED4: June 16-30

No VIN yet but did sign the "removal of radar senors" agreement...
Waiting impatiently...
Got my VIN yesterday...

Delivery date set for Saturday, vehicle is supposed to be arriving this week to the dealer.

Reactions: Larrylotus
How do you get to know when your car was shipped? Is that after getting the VIN?
Just took some sleuthing, to be honest. Also, it seems like Canadians are getting their VINs once the car is loaded on the ship...

I used my VIN to determine the build date, and then used the website "waiting for tesla" to see what the ETA was for cars with my build date. Then I found a ship that had that ETA.

Just joined as well!

MYLR/White/Black/5 Seat/19/No Tow
OD: June 16
EDD1: Jun-Jul

Hopefully i get my VIN soon..need to sell my current
As someone who sold in anticipation of getting my Tesla....hold off until you have a better sense on timing!! I've been down a vehicle for almost 2 months now...

Given there are no LR in all of Canada right now (according to my research), you are waiting until it hits the ship headed for Canada to get your VIN. So even once you get it, you still have a few weeks at least for it to get here, and then get to your delivery centre.

As someone who sold in anticipation of getting my Tesla....hold off until you have a better sense on timing!! I've been down a vehicle for almost 2 months now...

Given there are no LR in all of Canada right now (according to my research), you are waiting until it hits the ship headed for Canada to get your VIN. So even once you get it, you still have a few weeks at least for it to get here, and then get to your delivery centre.
I also sound the second vehicle in anticipation of receiving the MY within a few weeks. Of course the day after we sold it we get the email stating all vehicles will be coming from China and than our ETA just went out the window. Not an ideal situation but what can you do. I just hope it arrives before our financing agreement expires as the rate will jump again.