Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who sold in anticipation of getting my Tesla....hold off until you have a better sense on timing!! I've been down a vehicle for almost 2 months now...

Given there are no LR in all of Canada right now (according to my research), you are waiting until it hits the ship headed for Canada to get your VIN. So even once you get it, you still have a few weeks at least for it to get here, and then get to your delivery centre.
thanks for the tip! is the EDD on the website inaccurate currently? i know they made the build switch from US-China that moved the dates...i guess they could just change the date whenever they anticipate a big change like HW3 to HW4

thanks for the tip! is the EDD on the website inaccurate currently? i know they made the build switch from US-China that moved the dates...i guess they could just change the date whenever they anticipate a big change like HW3 to HW4
I would say the June part of the June-July quote is inaccurate. If you follow any of the ships, you can see that the next one is due to arrive in Vancouver early July (July 3rd). It seems like there were no LR on the last ship, so you'd have to hope there are some on the July 3rd ship and that would get you your vehicle in July, assuming you are not that far from Vancouver...

I have yet to figure out how long it takes to transport the cars from Vancouver to Ontario (which is where I am).

I would say the June part of the June-July quote is inaccurate. If you follow any of the ships, you can see that the next one is due to arrive in Vancouver early July (July 3rd). It seems like there were no LR on the last ship, so you'd have to hope there are some on the July 3rd ship and that would get you your vehicle in July, assuming you are not that far from Vancouver...

I have yet to figure out how long it takes to transport the cars from Vancouver to Ontario (which is where I am).
Where do you find information on the ships?

thanks..i wouldnt want to pick up until in around when Tesla reports anyways...just kind of want to hammer down a timeline to sell the current car

FYI Vancouver to ON is around a 2 week transport

Reactions: usedtodrvaJCW
Hi all,

Just ordered my first Tesla

MYP Deepblue+White interior, No Tow, No Enhanced/FSD

Ordered 4/29
EDD 4/29: May-July

So I did not want to wait anymore, since my order never got an EDD and I even ordered before some of you folks here.

A black one showed up this morning at my delivery center and I swapped it right away. Will be ready to pick it up this week.

MYP Black+Black, No Tow, No Enchanced/FSD, Shanghai-made.

Ordered 4/29
EDD1 6/22: 6/22-6/30

So I did not want to wait anymore, since my order never got an EDD and I even ordered before some of you folks here.

A black one showed up this morning at my delivery center and I swapped it right away. Will be ready to pick it up this week.

MYP Black+Black, No Tow, No Enchanced/FSD, Shanghai-made.

Ordered 4/29
Nice! You are getting what I ordered :) Let me know how pick up goes! Dying to see a MIC MYP.

Not that I know of, but I did read that there seemed to be fewer on this ship that is coming. No idea where I read that and if it is true.
Info in this thread - apparently there are only 250 cars on that ship, but that's not 100% confirmed

Nice! You are getting what I ordered :) Let me know how pick up goes! Dying to see a MIC MYP.
Just got a text to schedule delivery and got VIN at the same time haha.

Ordered 4/29
EDD2 6/22: 6/25

Yikes, that's a long wait. Good move swapping to the black one - do you have to call/text your sales rep to do that? I assume the "reserve" buttons on the website are only for new orders...

Yeah for sure, since I lost the white interior, I kinda wanted all black out instead. I did not call or talk to a sales rep in person, I simply texted this number 1-819-801-0465 and ask them to swap my order with the existing inventory. I got the number from the online chat support agent. They responded back within an hour.

Just got a text to schedule delivery and got VIN at the same time haha.

Ordered 4/29
EDD2 6/22: 6/25

Yeah for sure, since I lost the white interior, I kinda wanted all black out instead. I did not call or talk to a sales rep in person, I simply texted this number 1-819-801-0465 and ask them to swap my order with the existing inventory. I got the number from the online chat support agent. They responded back within an hour.
Congrats!

I'm a little scared for my order, because it seems like the blue is a bit of a unicorn color? But I only ordered yesterday, so I'll see how it goes heh.

I am taking solace in the fact that I am actually not yet ready to take delivery - I need at least 2 or 3 weeks to clean up the garage and get a 240V outlet installed, lol

Congrats!

I'm a little scared for my order, because it seems like the blue is a bit of a unicorn color? But I only ordered yesterday, so I'll see how it goes heh.

I am taking solace in the fact that I am actually not yet ready to take delivery - I need at least 2 or 3 weeks to clean up the garage and get a 240V outlet installed, lol
Actually I am in a similar situation where I need to install the Tesla wall charger (which is already shipped to me), but I don’t really want to do it unless I know for sure I am going to get assign a vehicle (have been waiting since early May!). A bit of a chicken and egg..

Model Y LR
Exterior: White
Interior: Black
5 Seater
19” Gemini Wheels

OD: 4th June
ODD: June- July
EDD: 13 July- 17 August (Updated 14th June)

Question: Are all of the Model Y LR ordered now coming from Giga shangai? And do they come with HW4 and Matrix headlights? Or HW3 and standard headlights?
Update (As of 23 June):

EDD2: 22 July- 5 Aug
No Vin Assigned

Received my vision disclaimer this afternoon. Yay! Pick up window is in Jul 2-16.

I am qualified for the provincial EV credit (BC) but after I accepted the vision disclaimer jt is telling me to proceed with payment, without the additional $4k removed. Anyone in the same boat? Also, I thought I could bring a draft of delivery day but my account says to pay balance before delivery and the only option is wire transfer.