Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still waiting - my MPY arrived in Vancouver on June 17th and my SA just told me it is still in Richmond BC (I'm in Toronto). Ordered May 5th. Sigh. The fastest part of the transport was the ship from Shanghai to Vancouver, apparently!
I would be tempted to ask if I could fly down to pick it up (and be given a discount for the trouble!) 😂
Edd3: July 27 - Aug 10

They also gave me a $700 price reduction
lol, just out of the kindness of their hearts? Or were you matched with an inventory vehicle or something?

EDD3: Aug 16-30 (so much for June/July)

I did get a price reduction though of about $700. Had to click accept on Tesla Vision today as well.
Huh, @sw0op got that reduction as well.

And you guys both ordered not long before me (6/21), so I'm hoping I hear some kind of update soon. My EDD still shows June-July, but I'm wondering if blue is going to be harder to get compared to white or grey... 😟
Hey folks - just joined the forum after placing my order :)

MYLR/Blue/Black/5 Seat/19" Gemini/No Tow/Basic AP
OD: June 21, 2023
EDD: June-July

Now the long wait begins... :(

When I got the final payment email that was when the MVPA document showed up on the account and showed my VIN. It took a few more days before the VIN showed up anywhere else in the account. My car was in Vancouver within the week and over to Victoria a week after that. Although mine was back when cars came from Fremont so timing maybe different with the MIC cars.

I would check if you have an MVPA in the documents on your account through a web browser (not on the app).

And of course final payment is never truly due till the day you pick up the car and Tesla just needs a bank draft. Don’t pay them until you inspect the car.
Thanks @arbitrage000, hopefully a VIN will show up on my account webpage soon. I live in Victoria as well, it shouldn't take them too long to get the car to me once they have it.

I would be tempted to ask if I could fly down to pick it up (and be given a discount for the trouble!) 😂

lol, just out of the kindness of their hearts? Or were you matched with an inventory vehicle or something?
there's no inventory vehicle for sure...my ETA isn't until end July/early Aug which would mean it should be in the next ship as the one enroute is almost to Canada

i have my VIN too its in the purchase agreement...is there a way to decipher if its HW3 based on that? i know there is for USA made but not sure about MIC

there's no inventory vehicle for sure...my ETA isn't until end July/early Aug which would mean it should be in the next ship as the one enroute is almost to Canada

i have my VIN too its in the purchase agreement...is there a way to decipher if its HW3 based on that? i know there is for USA made but not sure about MIC
Yeah, I am hoping I get a similar EDD window, which would mean that it should be on the next boat that sails for Vancouver. If not, then I assume I am screwed. 😟

And yes, "Viking Sea" is currently en route to Vancouver - supposedly arriving as soon as Monday, which, as we all know, most people get off work due to Canada Day, so even if it arrives that quick, it may not be unloading for a few days, I imagine. Vessel tracking sites I can find on Google have the ETA pegged at July 8, so we'll see.

I am trying to stay away from tracking ships, because I'll drive myself insane, lol (although it may be too late...)
There is speculation (see here and here) that "Morning Cecillie" will take the next shipment - that boat is currently on it's way from Vancouver to Ulsan, Korea, arriving in the next 8 hours. If it sails for Shanghai after that, then the rumour mill will start churning! 🤣

Last edited:

Unless your car is the first, Shanghai is still HW3.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
Yeah, I am hoping I get a similar EDD window, which would mean that it should be on the next boat that sails for Vancouver. If not, then I assume I am screwed. 😟

And yes, "Viking Sea" is currently en route to Vancouver - supposedly arriving as soon as Monday, which, as we all know, is Canada Day, so even if it arrives that quick, it won't be unloading for a few days, I imagine. Vessel tracking sites I can find on Google have the ETA pegged at July 8, so we'll see.

I am trying to stay away from tracking ships, because I'll drive myself insane, lol (although it may be too late...)
There is speculation (see here and here) that "Morning Cecillie" will take the next shipment - that boat is currently on it's way from Vancouver to Ulsan, Korea, arriving in the next 8 hours. If it sails for Shanghai after that, then the rumour mill will start churning! 🤣
Canada day is on Saturday, Monday is July 3rd which is probably when the ship is arriving.

Canada day is on Saturday, Monday is July 3rd which is probably when the ship is arriving.
Yeah, I edited my post. Saturday is Canada Day, but because it falls on a Saturday, a lot of people will get Monday off. But I don't know if the Port of Vancouver will still be operating on that day 🤣
possibly but if my car is in the first shipment my ETA date should be early-mid July but mine is late July/early August so i doubt it
They meant that unless your car is one of the first ones built with HW4 in Shanghai, it will be HW3.

I just got my EDD too, MYLR (497km), White, Black interior, No tow, 19" wheels.
OD: June 19
EDD: Jun-Jul
EDD2: Aug 16-30

Got a $700 price cut. Is it me or is the loan calculator wonky? The total cost of vehicle doesn't equal the financed amount + down payment + EV rebate + deposit; there's around a $10k difference.

Yeah, I edited my post. Saturday is Canada Day, but because it falls on a Saturday, a lot of people will get Monday off. But I don't know if the Port of Vancouver will still be operating on that day 🤣

They meant that unless your car is one of the first ones built with HW4 in Shanghai, it will be HW3.
oic about the HW3...but meh im getting a bit of a price reduction..although HW4 would be nice

the other thorn about the ships is how many cruise ships are/will be docked at that point when viking sea arrives.

They may be here early/on time but if there's ships there Viking Sea will have to wait..

Just joined.
MYLR, white, tow
OD: June 4, 2023
EDD: June-July
EDD1: July 27-Aug31 (updated today)
cannot find hidden vin yet. How did you guys found yours? just do view source on the page, and search for the vin?
Today, received email regarding wire transfer, vision update, and receive $710 price adjustment. Googled, but could not find anything on the interenet.
EDD 2: Aug 16 to Aug 30.

That's exactly what I meant! i.e. VERY unlikely but you never know!

What's up everyone. Just adding my stats to the mix.
Model Y Performance, Black, Tow Hitch
OD: May 10th
EDD: June-September
EDD1: June-August
EDD2: July 4th-July 18th
No hidden VIN, no sales agreement in my account. Just sitting patiently waiting for an update. Interesting I received the "Pay Amount Due Before Delivery" message, and paid that amount via wire transfer. Haven't seen any updates or changes on my account. Should I receive some sort of confirmation?

I just got my EDD too, MYLR (497km), White, Black interior, No tow, 19" wheels.
OD: June 19
EDD: Jun-Jul
EDD2: Aug 16-30

Got a $700 price cut. Is it me or is the loan calculator wonky? The total cost of vehicle doesn't equal the financed amount + down payment + EV rebate + deposit; there's around a $10k difference.
Interesting...you ordered only two days before me, and I still have no EDD update :(

I'll keep checking the app, but my previous comment stands about the color, because the 3 people in this thread who have gotten EDD updates have ordered either white or grey. I really want it in blue, but I hope I don't have to wait too long to get it!

What's up everyone. Just adding my stats to the mix.
Model Y Performance, Black, Tow Hitch
OD: May 10th
EDD: June-September
EDD1: June-August
EDD2: July 4th-July 18th
No hidden VIN, no sales agreement in my account. Just sitting patiently waiting for an update. Interesting I received the "Pay Amount Due Before Delivery" message, and paid that amount via wire transfer. Haven't seen any updates or changes on my account. Should I receive some sort of confirmation?
Part of me wants to pay the $6K extra to upgrade from MYLR to MYP and get the car sooner, lol. But I don't think the wife would appreciate that... 😬