Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from Richmond Tesla today that car will arrive on 6/25 but late afternoon so have to delay delivery by 1 day to 6/26 2PM. Hopefully no more hiccups.

Picked it up today, and I have to say Shanghai made is basically flawless. I tried really hard to find anything, and couldn't Even the black paint is very pristine with very minimal swirls. It's still HW3 but I rather have it properly built. Hope you guys get yours soon!
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-26 at 16.59.52.jpg

Picked it up today, and I have to say Shanghai made is basically flawless. I tried really hard to find anything, and couldn't Even the black paint is very pristine with very minimal swirls. It's still HW3 but I rather have it properly built. Hope you guys get yours soon!View attachment 951053
Congrats on the pickup. Looks sharp! Silly question but was Tesla able to provide the park plate when registering? I canceled my previous insurance after selling our X3 so I had to return our park plate. I'm wondering when we go to pickup the car if they can register it with a park plate?

It hasn't even been a week since I placed my order, but I honestly woke up this morning thinking that I've been waiting for over 2 weeks 😣

Been refreshing the Tesla app every day too, in hopes of seeing an updated EDD.

Keep the pictures coming, and congrats to those who are getting their new cars! 😁

Picked it up today, and I have to say Shanghai made is basically flawless. I tried really hard to find anything, and couldn't Even the black paint is very pristine with very minimal swirls. It's still HW3 but I rather have it properly built. Hope you guys get yours soon!View attachment 951053Congrats man! Btw did you see any long range white Model Y’s? And how was the Richmond delivery?

Picked it up today, and I have to say Shanghai made is basically flawless. I tried really hard to find anything, and couldn't Even the black paint is very pristine with very minimal swirls. It's still HW3 but I rather have it properly built. Hope you guys get yours soon!View attachment 951053
Great to hear that it's flawless!
Not great to hear about HW3 (from my standpoint). I guess another month or two for that to get in line with the US factories. I'm prepared to wait.

Congrats on the pickup. Looks sharp! Silly question but was Tesla able to provide the park plate when registering? I canceled my previous insurance after selling our X3 so I had to return our park plate. I'm wondering when we go to pickup the car if they can register it with a park plate?
Back in October, the ICBC agent at Tesla Victoria had a stack of park plates and regular plates on hand. I was just transferring my existing park plate over so it didn’t matter to me but I’m sure they will have them.

Reactions: yvr_my
Just got a call from Tesla trying to push sales before end of Q2. They proposed us any other model with free colour upgrade, for pick up tomorrow!
Specs: Model Y (397kms) White, Tow Hitch, Black 5 seater, 19" wheels
OD: June 11th 2023
EDD: June - July
EDD1: July 4th - July 18th

Prompted to accept Vision Assistance
VIN available on agreement June 23th 2023 (Does it mean car is already built?)

What's next? I'll received a text from Tesla to schedule delivery as I approach EDD window?
Just got a call from Tesla trying to push sales before end of Q2. They proposed us any other model with free colour upgrade, for pick up tomorrow!

EDD from system; July 12th

EDD from system; July 12th
did you take the offer? Also, "any other model" means they don't have the short range, but they have the long range?

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum.

MYLR/Blue/Black/5 Seat/19/Tow hitch option
OD: May 14
Most current EDD is July 27-Aug 10.

Did not have the most smooth communication with Tesla since we ordered the car. Just received an email asking me to make the final payment. The last EDD was mid of July to end of July…anyone else’s EDD got pushed back a few times?

Reactions: CaptStealthy
It hasn't even been a week since I placed my order, but I honestly woke up this morning thinking that I've been waiting for over 2 weeks 😣

Been refreshing the Tesla app every day too, in hopes of seeing an updated EDD.

Keep the pictures coming, and congrats to those who are getting their new cars! 😁
I placed my order like a month ago. But believe me, it feels like ages. I can relate to refreshing the tesla app every day (atleast 4-5 times a day) to get an EDD. It still shows july 22- aug 5. Hoping to get mine during the timeline if not before. Hopefully you get yours soon as well.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
I placed my order like a month ago. But believe me, it feels like ages. I can relate to refreshing the tesla app every day (atleast 4-5 times a day) to get an EDD. It still shows july 22- aug 5. Hoping to get mine during the timeline if not before. Hopefully you get yours soon as well.
Fingers crossed, lol... I've said this already, but I'm taking solace in the fact that I need to clean the garage and get the 240V outlet installed before I'll be ready to take delivery of the car!

Did not have the most smooth communication with Tesla since we ordered the car. Just received an email asking me to make the final payment. The last EDD was mid of July to end of July…anyone else’s EDD got pushed back a few times?

EDD2: Jul27 - Aug09
Ayeee, go Team Blue! 🔵 :cool:

@Bounderwarer, I ordered the same config as you, but without the tow hitch.

I ordered on 6/21, so no EDD yet aside from the standard "June-July" - I'm not expecting to see the vehicle until mid-August at the earliest.
"About 2 months" is what the SA's told me, and that's not even that bad compared to the wait times at other manufacturers. But doesn't change the fact that I really really really want my new car! 😭

Congrats. Does the car come with ppf and mudguards?

Only the rear door bottom area where rocks usually hit. Front mudguard also came with the car but I replaced them with Spigen ones as they will hit the speed bump and scrape all the time.

I wasn't paying attention to see if there were MYLR at Richmond lot, but the delivery was pretty smooth. However your mileage may vary as I was the only person taking delivery at 2PM. The google review of the store isn't all that great for delivery so I guess I got lucky.

Reactions: chng
I already have a custom plate with me.
Just wanted to know more about the process of how it works?
Someone at tesla did tell me that I’ll have to drive off the lot with the ev plate and then go to register my custom plate again.

But I don’t understand why do i have to pay twice for the registration. First, to pay to the ev plate and then again for my custom one.

Is there any way i can get my custom plate register at the get go instead of the ev plate?
Yea for sure, you should be able to take delivery without a plate, leave the car at the dealer, go to the registry, register your custom plate to the car, then return to the dealer and put your plate on and drive away...

When I got the final payment email that was when the MVPA document showed up on the account and showed my VIN. It took a few more days before the VIN showed up anywhere else in the account. My car was in Vancouver within the week and over to Victoria a week after that. Although mine was back when cars came from Fremont so timing maybe different with the MIC cars.

I would check if you have an MVPA in the documents on your account through a web browser (not on the app).

And of course final payment is never truly due till the day you pick up the car and Tesla just needs a bank draft. Don’t pay them until you inspect the car.