Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MM is drunk hahaha

Maybe she's just turning around? I think she was facing south and drifting north based on what I saw in the tracker. She might be getting set up to follow the route into the bay. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: I'm tracking MM closely. She's still tracking West at 15.6 knots.
View attachment 958051
Yeah, looking at the map, I was guessing that satellite position was MM.

I wonder if she's maneuvering to go behind the two eastbound ships to the north?

Strike is cancelled, 72 hour notice was cancelled yesterday afternoon after a backroom deal.
Strike notice was rescinded, but a deal hasn't been struck, at least not publicly announced. They could technically provide strike notice again at any time until that happens, but fingers crossed that things stay calm from now on.

Reactions: Bob123
Yeah, looking at the map, I was guessing that satellite position was MM.

I wonder if she's maneuvering to go behind the two eastbound ships to the north?

Strike notice was rescinded, but a deal hasn't been struck, at least not publicly announced. They could technically provide strike notice again at any time until that happens, but fingers crossed that things stay calm from now on.
Ohhh ok

MM is drunk hahaha

Maybe she's just turning around? I think she was facing south and drifting north based on what I saw in the tracker. She might be getting set up to follow the route into the bay. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: I'm tracking MM closely. She's still tracking West at 15.6 knots.
View attachment 958051
She's mow moving 7.6 knots Southeast. Seems to have slowed down.

• Funny
Reactions: CaptStealthy
MM has now slowed significantly, and is now heading 134° (SE) at 7.6 kts. Not sure if she's turning around, or just coming to a stop.

And in other news, Justin Trudeau was asked about the strike today, and said he is glad the union is "reconsidering" the offer that was on the table...

I'm dead lol. We posted at the same time! Why does she keep playing us like this...

This excitement has turned into an obsession

Reactions: CaptStealthy
I contacted the port of Vancouver and simply asked about eta on MM. They forwarded me to the WWL customer service at Annacis Auto Terminal. I wasn’t able to get a hold of anyone though.

View attachment 957823
I called both numbers but didn't get through to anyone.

Found a couple of email addresses to try contacting, though lol. I'll keep you guys posted if they respond to me, but even if they do, they're not going to tell me anything.
I'm dead lol. We posted at the same time! Why does she keep playing us like this...

This excitement has turned into an obsession
Obsession is the word...and now she's come to a stop. I suppose that's better than returning to Shanghai, lol.

But I look at all these other boats just merrily carrying on to their destinations, and then I look at MM...

7t7rzj.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: teanguyen604
I'm going to take a guess that the MM is getting ready for the shipping lane. If ships were delayed because of the strike there may be more traffic than usual. Think of the 401 during rush hour lol. But just my quess
It's anyone's guess, really, lol

But at least she stopped and isn't heading back to Shanghai, so that's something. And she's now also pointing in the right direction, but if she stays stopped for long, then the waves will obviously make her drift around.

I'm guessing we won't see any major movement until at least Sunday - she's roughly 24 hours sailing time from the Juan de Fuca Strait, which is the inlet from the Pacific. So if the AIS arrival time (Tuesday 0500 UTC, or Monday 2200 PDT) holds up, she'll start heading closer by Sunday evening, is my guess.

Anyone in Alberta (@Kainan ?) that wants a red one? Based on the build date, this might have been on VIKING SEA?

Its got the towing package though, and you'd probably lose the $700 inventory discount from before, if you had it.

Reactions: Kainan
My EDD for my MYLR is Aug25-Sept29, ordered Jul 10th. Do we think its already in transit or still being manufactured? Thanks for any input! (delivery to Montreal, Qc)
I would agree with him ⬆️, chances are it's still in Shanghai. There was another shipment that was cancelled because of the strike.

Do you have a VIN yet? (hidden or otherwise)

If not, keep an eye on the Quebec inventory. There are a few MYP available right now if you want to upgrade, or an LR may pop up.

Last edited: