Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Cabin noise is super quiet, almost vault like. Can confirm that Shanghai builds get all 4 windows dual pane, rather than just the fronts. Even when speaking to passengers there is zero echo. I feel like there is a LOT of sound deadening in the car.
- Ride quality is actually excellent. With the Performance 21's it's still more firm than cushy, but still very comfortable. Even a 2" drop into an unavoidable manhole was still soaked up well by the suspension without any crashiness.
- I've noticed zero wind buffeting. If the weather's nice I usually drive with either the drivers window down or all 4 windows down and haven't experienced any wind buffeting. I actually commented to my wife how nice this car is to drive around town with all the windows down because I feel like the shape of the interior B-pillar directs wind away from you, rather than blast you in the side of the head like most cars.
- Here's the best part - ZERO creaks or rattles. Not a single one. I thought I heard something coming from the back seat but then I noticed one of the rear seat belts was twisted. I fixed it and haven't heard another noise since. No rattle from the speakers either although I've only taken the volume up to about 50% max so far.
Looks like the switch to Shanghai was a great plus for us Canadians, qualitywise. Hopefully the interior color options will be offered soon.
7 seat option is still out of scope though as Shanghai does not build any.

Not sure why I can't track the MM.. still showing it's off the coast of Japan. I was able to track the Viking Sea with no issues.. Anyone else having this issue?
It's because it's not close enough to land to be live tracked. It's sitting far out in the water. Follow this tracker: Tesla Ship Tracker

It gives an approximate location via satellite.

According to the websites it's scheduled to dock on July 25th, but those dates are only based off of location and speed given by AIS. The Viking Queen for example, was supposed to dock on July 21st and is already docked/unloading at Annacis Island.

It's because it's not close enough to land to be live tracked. It's sitting far out in the water. Follow this tracker: Tesla Ship Tracker

It gives an approximate location via satellite.

According to the websites it's scheduled to dock on July 25th, but those dates are only based off of location and speed given by AIS. The Viking Queen for example, was supposed to dock on July 21st and is already docked/unloading at Annacis Island.
VIKING QUEEN is indeed docked, but she isn't listed on the ILWU 502 greaseboard yet. I suspect she'll be unloaded after HEROIC ACE (also docked at Annacis) is dealt with. PortLink lists HEROIC ACE as departing this afternoon, and VIKING QUEEN tomorrow afternoon, so I suspect either today's 4:30 or tonight's 1:00am shift (or both) will unload VIKING QUEEN.

HESTIA LEADER is currently docked at Fraser Wharves (Richmond Auto Terminal), which is where VIKING SEA unloaded the last Tesla shipment. She's supposed to depart tonight, per PortLink, and GRAVITY HIGHWAY is supposed to take her place at 0200.

But GRAVITY HIGHWAY is currently pulling into the Port of Tacoma, so unless she very quickly unloads and then sails for Vancouver, I don't see that happening. I'm guessing she'll be replaced by one of the other vehicle carriers on the schedule, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that MORNING MARGARETA will get moving so that she can be close by when a berth opens up.

VIKING QUEEN is indeed docked, but she isn't listed on the ILWU 502 greaseboard yet. I suspect she'll be unloaded after HEROIC ACE (also docked at Annacis) is dealt with. PortLink lists HEROIC ACE as departing this afternoon, and VIKING QUEEN tomorrow afternoon, so I suspect either today's 4:30 or tonight's 1:00am shift (or both) will unload VIKING QUEEN.

HESTIA LEADER is currently docked at Fraser Wharves (Richmond Auto Terminal), which is where VIKING SEA unloaded the last Tesla shipment. She's supposed to depart tonight, per PortLink, and GRAVITY HIGHWAY is supposed to take her place at 0200.

But GRAVITY HIGHWAY is currently pulling into the Port of Tacoma, so unless she very quickly unloads and then sails for Vancouver, I don't see that happening. I'm guessing she'll be replaced by one of the other vehicle carriers on the schedule, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that MORNING MARGARETA will get moving so that she can be close by when a berth opens up.
MORNING MARGARITA won’t make it before the strike starts because of customs but she’ll probably be the first ship to be unloaded when the strike ends

Seriously!! I think she needs a push 😂

Thank you for all the insight! I’ll be eyeing MM like a hawk for the next few days to see when she gets moving. It looks like she’s starting to turn and line herself up to move into the bay, but she’s only been moving at 1 knot for a while so it might just be her drifting.

MORNING MARGARITA won’t make it before the strike starts because of customs but she’ll probably be the first ship to be unloaded when the strike ends
The strike notice has been rescinded as of last night. I know everything with this strike is changing so fast, but as for now the 72 hour strike is off and Ottawa is looking at solutions.

Yeah, heading 259 degrees. She did that a few days ago too before stopping again.

"STOP! YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!"
MM is drunk hahaha

Maybe she's just turning around? I think she was facing south and drifting north based on what I saw in the tracker. She might be getting set up to follow the route into the bay. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: I'm tracking MM closely. She's still tracking West at 15.6 knots.
1689873192502.png

Last edited: