Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It played out exactly as you predicted - I got bumped; my new window is Oct. 10 - 24.
Exactly what happened to me (EDD pushed out on day 2 of window).

Nice to see that another Vancouver order from early 2022 with the exact same EDD of 10/10-/10/24. Interesting to note, that your build also is a white int (from a optimized production pov).

I spoke with the SA I've been in contact with today and he mentioned that the delivery date he is seeing on the backend is 10/15. This can change a day or two, depending on logistics, but he said that it should be coming up soon....

@t604 - seeing your post with the same EDD gives me that added confidence about this timeframe esp with you having a similar build (MYLR5, white int), albeit diff color and +/- tow.

I'm seriously contemplating on adding FSD for a diff of ~$4.7K (w/ taxes), instead of EAP that I had added a cpl months ago.
I was hoping that FSD subscription would be available for Canadians at some point - even if its the same price as it is in the USA with conversion ...so around $130/mo.

Do we see an economical benefit, in the long term, with adding FSD? Resale value, and future potential of adding your car into a robotaxi pool in 8-10years...? is it worth it?

Reactions: Joey_82
Exactly what happened to me (EDD pushed out on day 2 of window).

Nice to see that another Vancouver order from early 2022 with the exact same EDD of 10/10-/10/24. Interesting to note, that your build also is a white int (from a optimized production pov).

I spoke with the SA I've been in contact with today and he mentioned that the delivery date he is seeing on the backend is 10/15. This can change a day or two, depending on logistics, but he said that it should be coming up soon....

@t604 - seeing your post with the same EDD gives me that added confidence about this timeframe esp with you having a similar build (MYLR5, white int), albeit diff color and +/- tow.

I'm seriously contemplating on adding FSD for a diff of ~$4.7K (w/ taxes), instead of EAP that I had added a cpl months ago.
I was hoping that FSD subscription would be available for Canadians at some point - even if its the same price as it is in the USA with conversion ...so around $130/mo.

Do we see an economical benefit, in the long term, with adding FSD? Resale value, and future potential of adding your car into a robotaxi pool in 8-10years...? is it worth it?
If you plan to keep the car 8-10 years then I'd consider getting FSD at the lower price you have locked in. You should get some good value out of it and it would be fun to test it as it evolves. I don't think I'll have this car for even half of that time frame so I'm going to skip it and hope a subscription becomes available so I can play around with it from time to time. I've read that FSD doesn't add all that much to resale. If FSD would follow the buyer and I could take it to a future Tesla then I'd be more likely to spend the $10.6K for it now.

Reactions: Dopey44
Just providing an update. After finding the VIN in the source code

MYP - Blue/Black/Tow/No FSD
OD - Aug 28, 2022
EDD - Sept - Oct 29
EDD1 - Oct 2 - Oct 29 (Aug 31)
EDD2 - Oct 4 - 18 (Sept 18)
EDD3 - Oct 5 - 15 & VIN found (Sept 26)
EDD4 - Oct 15 (Oct 3 - Rec’d email and text msg to ensure contact info on profile is accurate. Texted back Tesla saying all is correct and then they advised the car was enroute and we scheduled a delivery date of Oct 15. I had not rec’d any text prior to this stating the car had left the factory.)
EDD5 - Oct 12 -> 15 (Oct 6 - I texted to ask for a update on status of the car. Tesla advised car may arrive on Sunday and delivery may move up to Oct 12!)

Reactions: Pharaoh83
@Zoom Zoom
I’m 7 months in. I got it in white, most of my cars are/were white. Love the white/black contrast. Black interior, wanted the white, but we have 2 dogs. Tow, we will be pulling a pop up trailer, a lot. 19” as we will do some trailers and gravel roads. I didn’t want to pay for fsd, after being in my friend’s M3. Not worth the money for what it is and I’m not the one to spend 12k on a promise that someday it will work. Also, the fact it is tied to the vehicle and not to me it’s a really shitty move. We will be trading in the Y for the CT, probably when it comes to the market in 2037.

Got my first 2 week window this morning. From 4 weeks to 2. Pushed only 3 days forward and shaved off 11 days on the long end. Positive. Maybe me harassing the SA at the DC yesterday sped things up...LOL. She wouldn't let me see the soft date in the computer..."the app is most accurate"...sure, sure it is. LOL

New EDD: Oct 16- Oct 30.
Previous EDDs:
(9/26): Oct 13th to Nov 10th
(8/10): Sep 28 to Nov 2
(8/3): Nov 6 to Dec 18
(7/7): Nov 12 to Jan 7 (After adding blue color option on 7/6)

Reactions: canadian.bacon