Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just pick up my Y today. Quality and finish are impeccable! I’m pretty shock! Ive found nothing bad. 🤩

SA told us that we were lucky to get our car cause it was not on one stuck in BC. They are told to not give any details about the strike.

Referral FSD trial do come with vehicule upon delivery (activated).

Vehicule does come with HW3.

Happy to finally join the Tesla family!

IMG_8219.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8217.jpeg
    IMG_8217.jpeg
    739.9 KB · Views: 44
Vancouver got 2 ports that unloads vehicles. I believe vehicles gets unloaded faster than containers and cargos. We currently only have 4 vehicle carrier in Vancouver right now and the VIKING SEA only has 250 vehicles so it should be pretty fast once the strike ends. It only takes a few hours to unload a 250 vehicle ship and that the port works 24/7.

Vancouver got 2 ports that unloads vehicles. I believe vehicles gets unloaded faster than containers and cargos. We currently only have 4 vehicle carrier in Vancouver right now and the VIKING SEA only has 250 vehicles so it should be pretty fast once the strike ends. It only takes a few hours to unload a 250 vehicle ship and that the port works 24/7.
Let's hope so... like I said in my post in the shipping thread, currently the vehicle carriers that I could find anchored off Vancouver (original ETA's in brackets) are the VIKING SEA (7/3), LAPIS ARROW (7/7), GLOVIS SPLENDOR (7/15*), and VIKING QUEEN (7/17*). The HEROIC ACE diverted to Seattle, so it's unclear whether or not she'll return to Vancouver.
(* = Not sure why these dates are in the future, updated ETA maybe?)

Additional vehicle carriers that are coming in the next few days (according to vesselfinder.com) are MORNING MARGARETA (7/16), PRESTIGE ACE (7/16), and ONYX ARROW (7/23).

So in total, we'll have upwards of 7 or 8 waiting vehicle carriers for 2 auto terminals - so even if the strike is magically resolved by tomorrow, there is still going to be a bit of a delay.

The good news is that the company that operates the two auto terminals also just happens to own the MORNING MARGARETA, which is carrying a large shipment of Tesla vehicles (including mine!).
(WWS Vehicle Services Canada is the operator of the two auto terminals, and they're a subsidiary of Wallenius Wilhelmsen, which owns an 80% stake in EUKOR, which is the company that owns the boat)

My personal guess is that VIKING SEA and MORNING MARGARETA will be unloaded one after the other, because of the fact that VIKING SEA is carrying such a small load of Teslas. And my hope is that because Wallenius Wilhelmsen owns MORNING MARGARETA, that they would give priority to their own ship. 🤞

If it was MY port, I would unload the VIKING SEA as soon as the strike is over, and (assuming the strike gets resolved tomorrow) get her out of there just in time for the arrival of MORNING MARGARETA, combining the two Tesla loads and putting them on the same trucks/trains heading out of Vancouver.

But it's not my port, so time will tell...

Last edited:
Ayeee, you and I have the same config! Go Team Blue! 😎🔵

My personal guess given the "July 13" date they gave you would be VIKING SEA, which was supposed to arrive July 3 but is anchored off the coast waiting for the strike to end. It could be on MORNING MARGARETA too, which arrives on Sunday, I suppose. But I got a VIN assigned (hidden + in the MVPA) to my order, and I am pretty sure that my car is on MORNING MARGARETA. So that's strange that you don't have a VIN yet. I would say maybe check again once the strike resolves and the ships are unloaded, and then check with your SA if they still haven't assigned you one at that point.

And yeah, that's usually how it works, lol. The car realizes that it's not wanted anymore and starts to become vindictive! 🤣
Thanks @Cap Stealthy, I will contact the SA for more info.

@MarkCR I believe I'm losing about 1K every 3 weeks. Our Tesla's can't come fast enough. But it will all be worth it once we press down on that accelerator! 🥰

Reactions: CaptStealthy
Thanks @Cap Stealthy, I will contact the SA for more info.

@MarkCR I believe I'm losing about 1K every 3 weeks. Our Tesla's can't come fast enough. But it will all be worth it once we press down on that accelerator! 🥰
I doubt they'll give you any info, lol. I didn't even say anything about tracking ships, just asked vague questions about whether deliveries are impacted and if ships might be diverted to the U.S.

All they would say is that deliveries are being impacted, and the company is looking at options, but they can't provide any further information.

Just pick up my Y today. Quality and finish are impeccable! I’m pretty shock! Ive found nothing bad. 🤩

SA told us that we were lucky to get our car cause it was not on one stuck in BC. They are told to not give any details about the strike.

Referral FSD trial do come with vehicule upon delivery (activated).

Vehicule does come with HW3.

Happy to finally join the Tesla family!

View attachment 955677
Pirelli tires now. Interesting, was kuhmo at first. Curious what I’ll get. Looks nice!

Hello, question if anyone had this issue. I placed an order in March of this year for a Model Y Performance with white interior & black exterior. My date moved around 4 to 5 times, from end of April , to May, to June , to July and then last update was supposed to be end of September. Now today I received an email from Tesla stating my Model Y performance build is no longer available and to re configure it.... WHAT THE ACTUAL F*****...

Did this happen to anyone else?

Thank you

Hello, question if anyone had this issue. I placed an order in March of this year for a Model Y Performance with white interior & black exterior. My date moved around 4 to 5 times, from end of April , to May, to June , to July and then last update was supposed to be end of September. Now today I received an email from Tesla stating my Model Y performance build is no longer available and to re configure it.... WHAT THE ACTUAL F*****...

Thank you
Yours was probably a Fremont build, but since they moved the production of Model Y’s for Canada to Shanghai, they canceled your order. Also try and keep this thread family friendly to some extent. If you need anymore help feel free to ask one of us! Thanks!

Thank you
That's odd...back at the end of May, they were sending emails out to anyone who ordered a white interior saying it was unavailable going forward. The reason for this is switching Canadian orders from the Fremont factory to the one in Shanghai, which apparently isn't able to build cars with the white interior.

You should probably talk to your SA and see if they can match you to an incoming MYP to make sure they get you a vehicle ASAP.

According to waitingfortesla.com, there are 14 available incoming Model Y Performance vehicles coming to Quebec in various colors! You'll likely have to wait for the port strike to be resolved in order for the vehicle to come in, but talk to your sales rep ASAP - I'm sure they can find you one. The cars are mostly bound for Laval or Quebec City, but if they're stuck in a boat off the Vancouver coast, I'm sure you can ask them to divert one to Montreal for you. Once the port strike is over, it should just be a matter of unloading the cars and getting them onto trains.

Good luck!

OD: June 6th
EDD: June/July
Updated August 4th to 18th

MYLR Black with black rims and tow

I talked to a advisor today. I have a hidden vin and it was in transit. So hopefully everyone's vehicle's will arrive soon. And a end to the strike shortly.

That's odd...back at the end of May, they were sending emails out to anyone who ordered a white interior saying it was unavailable going forward. The reason for this is switching Canadian orders from the Fremont factory to the one in Shanghai, which apparently isn't able to build cars with the white interior.

You should probably talk to your SA and see if they can match you to an incoming MYP to make sure they get you a vehicle ASAP.

According to waitingfortesla.com, there are 14 available incoming Model Y Performance vehicles coming to Quebec in various colors! You'll likely have to wait for the port strike to be resolved in order for the vehicle to come in, but talk to your sales rep ASAP - I'm sure they can find you one. The cars are mostly bound for Laval or Quebec City, but if they're stuck in a boat off the Vancouver coast, I'm sure you can ask them to divert one to Montreal for you. Once the port strike is over, it should just be a matter of unloading the cars and getting them onto trains.

Good luck!

So just to confirm, because of the white interior that is why my built is being "cancelled" ?

In the email that was sent , all it talks about is, this as a reason for the built being camcelled "This includes our latest Y Performance model with a new battery offering a range of 459 km(estimation)"

OD: June 6th
EDD: June/July
Updated August 4th to 18th

MYLR Black with black rims and tow

I talked to an advisor today. I have a hidden vin and it was in transit. So hopefully everyone's vehicle's will arrive soon. And an end to the strike shortly.
I have the same delivery date so maybe mine is in transit too! Wonder what boat it’s on. It would have to be the margareta.

So just to confirm, because of the white interior that is why my built is being "cancelled" ?

In the email that was sent , all it talks about is, this as a reason for the built being camcelled "This includes our latest Y Performance model with a new battery offering a range of 459 km(estimation)"
Wasn’t just the white interior, I think everyone who ordered a performance or long range got the email. reason Was probably reduced range as much as the white interior Or that it was now china made. try to reach out to your sa.

Reactions: JesseMoreira06
Wasn’t just the white interior, I think everyone who ordered a performance or long range got the email. reason Was probably reduced range as much as the white interior Or that it was now china made. try to reach out to your sa.

Okay understood, Its a little fustrating because I really want the white interior and I feel Tesla should meet any reservations requirements that were made prior to the announcement of changing factory.