Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would agree with him ⬆️, chances are it's still in Shanghai. There was another shipment that was cancelled because of the strike.

Do you have a VIN yet? (hidden or otherwise)

If not, keep an eye on the Quebec inventory. There are a few MYP available right now if you want to upgrade, or an LR may pop up.
I checked for hidden vin, nothing yet unfortunately, so I should probably prepare to wait until the end of the timeframe and not the beginning. Too bad, I check inventory daily its an obsession at this point!

Once you get your hidden vin then you can start to countdown …until then go distract yourself somehow

Yeah seriously dude, I have a VIN and I know what ship my car is on. But I'm still driving myself insane lol.

If you don’t have a reason to need the car right away, just go enjoy other stuff and don't think about it. You have been warned 😂
I don't have hidden VIN yet. My car is probably not even built yet. Then why I am going crazy all day looking at this thread since the day I joined. I hear about ships moving, I am excited for you all.....I hear about strike, I go sad! Why????

I don't have hidden VIN yet. My car is probably not even built yet. Then why I am going crazy all day looking at this thread since the day I joined. I hear about ships moving, I am excited for you all.....I hear about strike, I go sad! Why????
Because u didn’t read and listen to part 2 of our comments…go distract yourself until you have that hidden vin

• Funny
Reactions: CaptStealthy
Because u didn’t read and listen to part 2 of our comments…go distract yourself until you have that hidden vin
Trust me, I have plenty of things to do. I work on my orders in my studio late night . After working for hours, when sit down on the couch with hurting back and pick up laptop I straight go to this tab to catch up what happened in last few hours. It is an addiction already. Too late for me but I will join you to warn the new members :D

Reactions: zoomer0056 and chng
Anyone in Alberta (@Kainan ?) that wants a red one? Based on the build date, this might have been on VIKING SEA?

Its got the towing package though, and you'd probably lose the $700 inventory discount from before, if you had it.

Yeah id take potentially take a red one, i saw that pop up on the coming soon... It would be a fair bit more expensive with the paint but i never got to use a referral code on my first order.

Any update on the strike or on Morning Margareta???

Also, once the ship docks and unloads on the port. How much time would it take for the transit from vancouver to toronto? If anyone knows an estimate?

Just trying to figure out a few things.

Thanks in advance!

Any update on the strike or on Morning Margareta???

Also, once the ship docks and unloads on the port. How much time would it take for the transit from vancouver to toronto? If anyone knows an estimate?

Just trying to figure out a few things.

Thanks in advance!
A new tentative deal was reached yesterday. They're voting on it today. I think the federal government is putting pressure on them to reach a deal otherwise they threaten back-to-work legislation. Don't quote me though because I'm just reiterating what I see in the news.

As far as the Morning Margareta goes, she continues to sit far off the coast and not move. She's supposed to dock in Vancouver on July 25th, but even that is an inaccurate date because it's based on AIS. She may dock before or after that date. The only solid date we could find was from WWL's schedule, which says she's arriving in Tacoma on July 27th.

After she docks and unloads, it could take up to 4 weeks for the car to get to Toronto.

A new tentative deal was reached yesterday. They're voting on it today. I think the federal government is putting pressure on them to reach a deal otherwise they threaten back-to-work legislation. Don't quote me though because I'm just reiterating what I see in the news.

As far as the Morning Margareta goes, she continues to sit far off the coast and not move. She's supposed to dock in Vancouver on July 25th, but even that is an inaccurate date because it's based on AIS. She may dock before or after that date. The only solid date we could find was from WWL's schedule, which says she's arriving in Tacoma on July 27th.

After she docks and unloads, it could take up to 4 weeks for the car to get to Toronto.
Damn!! That’s way toooo long 🥲
But nothing we can do!

Hopefully they reach a deal soon and we can get our cars sooner 😅

does it say what time on the 27th its due to dock @ tacoma?

sorry i couldnt figure it out on their website

Nope it just says the 27th. So hopefully MM docks in Canada first before arriving there. If the 27th holds true then the 25th makes sense. I just want MM to hurry up and make it's way to Canada already!
Yeah, she'll dock in Canada first, and the 25th aligns with the schedule, like you said. It's just a guess on the crew's part though, there will definitely be some +/- variance by at least a few hours, if not longer.

I wrote to WWS Vehicle Services yesterday, as well as VesselFinder. Someone in the WWS Vancouver office responded saying everything they do is on the land side of things, so we probably know more about the vessel than they do, lol. And VesselFinder responded saying that MM appears to just be doing circles rather than heading back to Shanghai - they said the most likely scenario is that they're just waiting for permission to enter the waterways around the Port of Vancouver.

Like I said before, based on her distance from the Juan de Fuca Strait, and an average sailing speed of 15 knots, she's roughly 24 hours away from the Vancouver Island coast, and then probably another half day before she's brought into either Fraser Wharves or Annacis - and I don't even know what Customs clearance would entail. So I wouldn't expect to see movement until Sunday evening or sometime Monday, assuming that schedule holds up.

Keep an eye on PortLink over the next few days - once MM appears on that schedule, that's when you know she's been assigned a pier for unloading.