Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait seriously?? Are they pre-installed or did they install themselves? I literally just bought the rear-door PPF and the mud flaps...
All Canadian cars get front flaps and that small triangle of PPF ahead of the rear wheel.

I will give a word of advice… I decided to only do rocker panel PPF which comes up to ~where that triangle is (was). I ceramic coated the entire car. If I was to do things over again I would do PPF on the front bumper, full hood and mirrors. 9 month in and all my chips are on bumper and hood. Chips on DBM paint go down to white and are ugly. I’ll probably touch them up and get PPF on those areas and re-ceramic over it soon. I have a number of front chips and I live in Victoria with no real winter.

OD May 14, Current EDD July 26-Aug 6.

Just stopped by the new service centre in Langford, the SA told me that my car is still on the MM.. also told me that their text message service was down and that’s why they didn’t response my text last week. It seems like I should be able to get my car soon if the MM is here already. 🤞
Yeah, she rolls into Vancouver tonight, so fingers crossed for a quick Customs clearance and that she gets unloaded before the end of the week. 🤞
If I were you, I would consider picking up the car in Richmond so you can get it sooner, lmao 😂
All Canadian cars get front flaps and that small triangle of PPF ahead of the rear wheel.

I will give a word of advice… I decided to only do rocker panel PPF which comes up to ~where that triangle is (was). I ceramic coated the entire car. If I was to do things over again I would do PPF on the front bumper, full hood and mirrors. 9 month in and all my chips are on bumper and hood. Chips on DBM paint go down to white and are ugly. I’ll probably touch them up and get PPF on those areas and re-ceramic over it soon. I have a number of front chips and I live in Victoria with no real winter.
As someone who's joining Team Blue, that's good to know. I'm planning to PPF the entire front end, so that should help.

Would you recommend getting mud flaps for the rear as well?

Yeah, she rolls into Vancouver tonight, so fingers crossed for a quick Customs clearance and that she gets unloaded before the end of the week. 🤞
If I were you, I would consider picking up the car in Richmond so you can get it sooner, lmao 😂

As someone who's joining Team Blue, that's good to know. I'm planning to PPF the entire front end, so that should help.

Would you recommend getting mud flaps for the rear as well?
I literally pickup the Tesla and then drop it off for PPF (front bumper, hood, mirrors, headlights). I don't see much point in rear mud flaps unless you want to protect the cars behind you.

I literally pickup the Tesla and then drop it off for PPF (front bumper, hood, mirrors, headlights). I don't see much point in rear mud flaps unless you want to protect the cars behind you.
I was thinking of the rear bumper, but any potential damage would be limited, I guess.
And I don't think I'll be taking the car immediately for PPF after pickup on the same day, but definitely within a day or two of taking possession, for sure.
How long did it take for your PPF installation? It'll be so hard to get the car and immediately drop it off 🥺
The shop I am going with said they would need it for a day (morning drop off, afternoon pick up)
Do you have a choice of where you can pick it up?
idk, but for someone that lives on Van Island, it would be worth asking if they can pick up in Richmond, lol.

Although if Richmond is busy, then it may end up being the same amount of waiting time anyway I guess.

From watching the Vancouver port, I've noticed that Seaspan sends RoRo ships quite often between Vancouver Island and the mainland. I assume those ships would just be carrying trucks/trailers with cargo for cities and towns on the Island.

39-Challenger-Sailing.jpg

it was supposed to go through another port tomorrow morning but that one wasnt the car unload port (customs??)...so this is still technically on time
1690320171644.png

I think based on the schedule they are going to Roberts Bank/Constance Bank Anchorage to do customs process. Once that is completed it will head towards Sandheads which is just outside of Fraser River, then goes into Fraser Wharves. This can be earlier or later depends on how fast customs processes the ship.

This is getting exciting!

Reactions: CaptStealthy