Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, this location can be a bi*** to get to from the 401 at times. I suspect it was chosen because they own the site and can expedite installation as opposed to having to find and possibly pay for another location.

I agree...real estate pretty pricey in the GTA...would be ideal if they had this one plus one within an hour east/west of toronto....like maybe Cobourg or Port Hope, and then Brampton/Oakville. But, you gotta start somewhere I guess. That Toronto one is gonna be crazy busy in a couple years if they don't add any others to the GTA.

Ok, picked up my car at the Toronto location (Lawrence Ave) yesterday, and I hope this is not going to be the location of the superchargers, it took me 25 minutes to get down to this location from the 401 at 11am, I would assume they would place the SuperChargers near the 401? But no way coming from the West side I would drop down that far on the way to Montreal for a charge (normally I take the 407 as well). Milton make sense on the Westbound 401 side, but Eastbound it should be more out of town, but given this picture I took at the company store, those are clearly pads for superchargers... :wink:

View attachment 49887

This doesn't look like your typical supercharger setup. How do you park there? And the conduit/wires look way too small.

No, The Tranmere Road service center does not have a Super Charger, nor do they have any Level II chargers that can be used outside of business hours.

Tranmere can be brutal to get to. When I went there and picked up my all-weather mats, I didn't see a Supercharger. Did you go there for service, or to use their Supercharger?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the spots shown in the picture look like they are on the "non-Tesla" side of the building...there are two tenants in this building...probably not likely that the Super Charger will be installed on the "other" side, but who knows..

This doesn't look like your typical supercharger setup. How do you park there? And the conduit/wires look way too small.

I agree with you..that's why I would be surprised if they put one there. So I'll assume the other person went there for service.

There's no way Tesla would put a Supercharger at Tranmere. Even though it's just a few miles from my house, I'd be outraged if they went in there as opposed to an actual useful spot along Ontario's 400 series highways somewhere.

25 mins. to go two exits off 401 and then two long blocks seem unusual. Often little more than 10 mins. even with the usual DVP bottleneck coming off 404.

Take Victoria Park, its a 5 min drive even in rush hour, which seems to be all the time now.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree on the size of the wires. At most, they are HPWCs for customer use.

The picture is taken of the wrong side of the building! Tesla does not own or lease this space as it belongs to another tenant.

+1 ... I will be using it for the winter treks to Sherbrooke.

I will get my first taste of supercharger electrons next week by using the current eastern gateway at Albany SC for a business trip near Boston, MA. This one at least gives us easier access to the US network and is a welcome addition for us close enough to get to it in one go. Problem is that getting to it in one go is really only possible outside of winter for me. Hopefully the rest of the New England network will be built up before next winter.

Got back from the trek to Boston and I have to say I can't wait for the rest of the network to be built out into Canada because road trips using the SC is great! Heading down I was the only one charging and on the way back there was only one other car and I noticed that it was another Quebec driver! So until we get actual Canadian Superchargers installed we can view the one at Albany as a pseudo-Canadian charger :smile:.
image2.jpeg

Last edited:
Take Victoria Park, its a 5 min drive even in rush hour, which seems to be all the time now.

- - - Updated - - -

The picture is taken of the wrong side of the building! Tesla does not own or lease this space as it belongs to another tenant.

It was the only place that looked like a potential for chargers, it has the same "concrete grass pad" that you see in other superchargers stations in the states, but agree that the power drops did not seem right, but it had the construction fencing up and in theory we are getting SC's this quarter somewhere. I am over in Mississauga, so Buffalo bound is more of interest.

Never meant to imply that. I was simply pointing out that the traffic in the new Toronto store/service center area may be bad, but it's nothing compared to some other areas of Toronto - such as near their first service center.

Actually, I would argue the DVP/Lawrence area is far worse than Tranmere in Mississauga. I used to have to drive from the west GTA to Lawrence and Underwriters going right past what is now the new SC every day for work for a couple of years. Trust me, it was no picnic! Tranmere can be bad during "rush hour" when all the industrial places are letting out, but is generally not that bad. I live about 5 or 6 miles from Tranmere.

I'm sure us "easterners" this the Lawrence location is worse and vice versa. :)

Anyways if a Supercharger is going in there next month (Lawrence Ave. is the location right??) they'd better get started soon...

Actually, I would argue the DVP/Lawrence area is far worse than Tranmere in Mississauga. I used to have to drive from the west GTA to Lawrence and Underwriters going right past what is now the new SC every day for work for a couple of years. Trust me, it was no picnic! Tranmere can be bad during "rush hour" when all the industrial places are letting out, but is generally not that bad. I live about 5 or 6 miles from Tranmere.

Status
Not open for further replies.